Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Hotel Recommendation- Long Beach CA Quilt Festival >

Hotel Recommendation- Long Beach CA Quilt Festival

Hotel Recommendation- Long Beach CA Quilt Festival

Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM

I live in San Bernardino county, which is about an hour or so away from Long Beach. I doubt that there are any "reasonable" aka "not expensive" hotels near the Convention Center. Long Beach has spent years trying to upgrade the city's image. Unfortunately, that includes uppity hotel prices. Try to search for hotel prices and use mapquest to help you try to determine the distances. I would suggest that if possibe, you stay close to the Convention City area unless you know the city rather well.

Road to California is just 20 - 30 minutes away from me.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 PM

Hi if you can get a place near Pine Ave. and 7th St. they have a red shuttle that takes you down to Ocean Ave where the show will be held. It is free and goes down Pine Ave. Try Best Western on 1st st. Also look up LB Convention Center and they have some listed close to the LBCC
Old 06-25-2011, 03:43 PM

Well, I've decided I won't be going to this show afterall. The "rate" available to attendees is not available...I checked. The $189 rate was $229. That would buy a lot of fabric!!! Driving up for the day isn't going to work either. 5 hours of driving (2½ hrs each way), plus walking around all day...too much for me. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 07-02-2011, 10:23 AM

I'm sorry to hear that Janet. The person with whom I usually carpool isn't going. Therefore, I'm making the 1 -1/2 hour drive by myself this year. I don't have ANY room for another fat quarter. However, I will buy "at least a couple" to help the economy along. After all, I believe that is part of my patriotic duty.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:33 PM

Hi Janet,
If you change your mind, check out the Holiday Inn. Breakfast is included and they provide a shuttle.
Pam
Old 07-03-2011, 12:49 PM

I am going after all. My local LQS is providing a one day bus trip to the Quilt Festival. We will only be there for the day, but it will give me a chance to see it for the first time. If I like it, and I probably will, next year I might not be so stingy and will spring for hotel, to spend a couple of days.

Why is it, I feel guilty if I indulge myself? I really am low maintenance compared to my friends and family. No manicures, pedicures, massages LOL.

I went to Road2CA for the first time last year with my husband (he is my enabler), and had a great time. I plan to go again in January.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:53 PM

I can't recommend a hotel as when I was there in December I stayed with a friend in Orange.

BUT she did say that the area around Long Beach could be dangerous, so be careful.

I can recommend an awesome restaurant though. It's right in town, minutes from the convention center called Le Opera. I highly recommend the Truffle Ravioli!!
Old 07-25-2011, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
I am going after all. My local LQS is providing a one day bus trip to the Quilt Festival. We will only be there for the day, but it will give me a chance to see it for the first time. If I like it, and I probably will, next year I might not be so stingy and will spring for hotel, to spend a couple of days.

Why is it, I feel guilty if I indulge myself? I really am low maintenance compared to my friends and family. No manicures, pedicures, massages LOL.

I went to Road2CA for the first time last year with my husband (he is my enabler), and had a great time. I plan to go again in January.
Which guild do you belong to?? I am a member of the Nite Owls in Rancho Cucamonga.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:28 PM

I am a member of the San Diego Chapter of ASG. We have several neighborhood groups that meet monthly.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:45 AM

I hope you made it to LB Quilt Festival, 2011. I went this year & 2010 and it is fabulous. Incredible quilts and "other art" such as hiaku; photography. Vendors had beautiful fabrics. Tons of classes and top notch instructors. Next year I hope to sign up for a class. It is well worth the effort to attend festival. To get back to your question, have you tried hotwire or checked what Auto Club listings?