Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby? >

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

Old 07-03-2011, 03:09 PM

I have a Go Baby and I really like it,makes cutting so fast
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 PM

What is a GO? Flo
Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 PM

I use my go all the time. If you usually do traditional then go for the geometric shapes. You can mix and match them to make all kinds of blocks.It is especially nice for doing pinwheels and such because it cuts the corners off for you so they are easier to line up and your points match fairly easily. The curved dies have notches so that they are easier to line up.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:30 PM

I love mine so much for this lefty it really works
Old 07-03-2011, 06:01 PM

I love my Go! All of my scraps are cut into squares, tumbler blocks, and strips. There are several scrappy quilts in my future.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by fwoolsey
What is a GO? Flo
The technical name is Accuquilt GO!. It's a fabric cutter, and I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm still undecided about it, lol. I tend to over-think big purchases, but I want to make sure I'll get my money's worth, because it is pretty pricey.

You can find more information about the GO! and GO! Baby here -

http://www.accuquilt.com/go-shop/go-...c-cutters.html
Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Update -

I think I'm going to go with the GO! Baby. After extensive research, I think that's the best one to suit my needs, and it can be used with a lot more dies than I initially anticipated. Thank you so much to everyone who gave their input! I truly value everyone's opinion on the Board and am so glad to have everyone here!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:07 PM

I LOVE my GO.............GO FOR IT !!!! Got mine for Christmas from my DIL. I can cut strips so fast now. Even used it at our Guild. :thumbup: Want to cut scraps into 2.5 inch squares to use as leaders and enders that will eventually make it into a quilt. This will make good use of my scraps and be done very quickly.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:35 PM

I'm a fairly new quilter and have just done small projects so far but purchased the GO! Baby about 3 months ago. I love the fact that all the pieces that I cut from each die size will match exactly and it has made preparation for stitching so much faster. I purchased my GO! Baby through Amazon.com and got a really great price on the machine, tote, dies and die storage rack. The GO! Baby cuts shapes, etc. up to 6" but the smaller pieces are the ones I will use most often and I don't mind cutting with the rotary cutter and ruler any larger pieces that would normally have to be done with the regular GO! or the Studio cutter because of the GO! Baby size limitations. There are lots of dies that fit the Baby so it was perfect for my budget and needs. Just my very amateur opinion...
Old 07-03-2011, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 19angel52
Originally Posted by gale
I sold my Go. Took it to the LQS and she sold it for me. I'm hoping to save up for the Big Shot Pro Westminster someday-it takes all the Go dies plus sizzix dies and some Studio dies.
Wow - haven't heard of this...but then I try to stay away from reading about new gadgets! Looks really nice....but wow, what a price tag!
Overstock recently had it for $230 plus $3 shipping. I don't have the $$ for it now but hopefully when I do, I'll find a good price again.

I should mention this too. I didn't use it much because it hurt my shoulder. When I used it for more than a few turns, my shoulder would be sore for a few days. I may not have had it the right height or something but didn't have a lot of choice. It was that or the floor, which wasn't any easier. I didn't use it enough for it to get broken in. I was happy with the shapes though. I took it to the quilt shop about 2 months before I sold it and I never missed it or wished I had it handy so I was pretty sure about selling it. I have a small big shot and have no problems cutting fabric or even thick cardboard in it so I don't think I'll have the same issues. But the Big Shot Pro is huge and about 45 lbs. Yikes.