Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby? >

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 PM

I have the go and love it. I use the strip dies the most, never much waste.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:13 AM

Received mine for Christmas from my 2 sisters! Just completed a tumbler block quilt. Sewed together so easily! Love it.
Old 07-04-2011, 04:07 AM

I have the go and love it...got very reasonable at amazon.com...was watching price for a year. $189.00 not the baby. I whipped up a quilt in 0ne day. Using the 2 1/2 inch strip cutter and turning strips after cutting you get 2 1/2 inch squires.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:02 AM

I love my Go. You get free dies with it and I purchased the 2-1/2" strip cutter. You can cut your bindings and strips for a tube quilt (Missouri Quilt Co tutorials) and applique cut outs. The baby Go dies fit in the Go Cutter. Check out Amazon.com for some good buys
Old 07-04-2011, 07:02 AM

I love my Go. You get free dies with it and I purchased the 2-1/2" strip cutter. You can cut your bindings and strips for a tube quilt (Missouri Quilt Co tutorials) and applique cut outs. The baby Go dies fit in the Go Cutter. Check out Amazon.com for some good buys
Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Yes, yes, yes to my Accuquilt GO! I make a lot of Project Linus and other charity quilts and the strip die cutter is a huge help for me. I have both the large and small widths of that. I also have the star and heart appliques and have been enjoying those as I learn machine applique. The rectangle blade is one I do not use as much as the others so I would not recommend getting it. Granted they are expensive but I feel they are well worth it, especially since I have arthritis in the hands. I find if one irons five pieces of fabric together (four if fabric is cheaper with lots of starch or thick), the cutting is easier than just throwing material on the blades. I just received my parallelogram die and have never put together that block with such accuracy.

I feel the GO is worth the money if you are an avid quilter but am not too sure about the smaller BabyGo. My biggest hint is make sure your cutter is sitting upon a very sturdy table before trying to use it. A light weight table will only wobble and you will not be happy. Fortunately, I have an old, heavy office desk in my sewing room.

Thanks for the tip, SilverSandy. I will check out Amazon and see if I can get some other blades a tad bit cheaper.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:17 PM

Hi! Thanks for the info. I tried to get more from their web site, but they are off line for the holiday. I too am hesitant to buy something that expensive without trying it. If I get any response from the message I sent today, I'll let you know. Flo
Old 07-04-2011, 01:51 PM

You should really consider the Go instead of the Go Baby. You can use all of the Go Baby dies on the Go but not all of the Go dies can be used on the Go Baby.
You would have a much larger selection of dies if you get the Go. I own the Studio Die Cutter and am a dealer for the Go and Go Baby, but I always recommend the Go especially if you think you will be buying more of the individual die boards.
OzarksGma
Old 07-04-2011, 02:11 PM

Hi! Where are you located and if you are too far away, where are other places in the New York area that I can try one? Thanks for your reply. Flo
Old 07-04-2011, 02:24 PM

Love my "GO"... wish I had all the dies and a getting one at a time and hope to have them all soon!