Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dishwasher - which one is the best >

Dishwasher - which one is the best

Dishwasher - which one is the best

Old 07-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Armstrong!
Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KarenR
I went and looked today - Discovered a few things.
Bosch does not have a heat dry - so how long does it take to dry them? The inside looked really roomy.

Kitchenaid- adjustable shelves - same price as a Bosch metal bar in bottom that turns around.

One brand even had where you could put detergent in and it self monitored how much detergent was needed.

I still have a few stores left to go

Thanks for all the input. I learned so much - but can anyone tell me what a tankless waterheater is?
Our Bosch doesn't have a heat dry. Everything but the wells in the bottom of the glasses comes out dry at the end of the cycle. It gets pretty hot in there somehow. The sales guy explained it, but I zoned out.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:58 AM
dd

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper
Originally Posted by KarenR
I went and looked today - Discovered a few things.
Bosch does not have a heat dry - so how long does it take to dry them? The inside looked really roomy.

Kitchenaid- adjustable shelves - same price as a Bosch metal bar in bottom that turns around.

One brand even had where you could put detergent in and it self monitored how much detergent was needed.

I still have a few stores left to go

Thanks for all the input. I learned so much - but can anyone tell me what a tankless waterheater is?
Our Bosch doesn't have a heat dry. Everything but the wells in the bottom of the glasses comes out dry at the end of the cycle. It gets pretty hot in there somehow. The sales guy explained it, but I zoned out.
My plastic has water on when I open the door of my Bosch but I usually prop the door open for a little while so they can cool off (especially in the winter so we get that humidity) and the water goes away pretty quickly. I zoned on my sales guy too. Figured I didn't really need to know how it worked, just as long as it did. He told me if something went wrong and I needed it to be repaired, we didn't have an official repair dealer around here and it would take long than other brands. Oh well, my husband can fix anything.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:28 AM

I have Fisher&Paykel - 2 drawers, stainless steel, heats water to the temp it 'wants' for washing. Best dishwasher I've ever had - but pricey. You can buy just 1 drawer - then the bottom unit is a storage unit. Tupperware can go in bottom. There is no top rack - top shelves on 2 sides. It takes a little time to get used to how to arrange things. 2 drawers would be best for families, but 1 drawer is perfect for 2 people. We bought the 2 drawers, but almost never use the bottom one - only when we have a lot of company. We can fit 8 dinner plates, glassware & flatware in one drawer - so we would have to have a BIG dinner party to use the bottom - LOL. We try to remember to use it occasionally - LOL. Oh - it's very quiet, too.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I change out appliances a lot. When they get older they aren't efficient no matter what brand you buy. I find a great sale/clearance price on an appliance that can replace an older one I have then I buy it. The dishwasher I have now is a Bosc and it is very quiet. I have used all brands and if they are on the upper end of quality they all clean the same.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Ava

Originally Posted by dd
I really like my Bosch. You can put anything anywhere in the dishwasher. You don't have to worry about top rack safe. I put tupperware on the bottom and don't have a problem. I do have one platter that is too big and have trouble opening the racks when it's in there. I had a Maytag during the recall and the second recall I said take it out.
I just went on the Lowe's website and got a lot of info from there. You can compare multiple units at one time. The I compared them to Bray & Scarff. Then I waited for a sale.
Now I have to do the same for a fridge.
I have a bosch too. At times it dosn't clean the dishes very well. I am wondering if it is the soap. I use cascade powder. What soap do you use?
Old 07-12-2011, 11:27 AM

A husband.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by blueangel
I have a Kenmore and I like it.
When the repairman came, he told us which one to look at when we went to the store. It was the middle of the road priced Kenmore made by Whirlpool. That was ten years ago and it still washes without all that pre-washing my sisters do before loading their dishwashers.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM

I have a new Whirlpool, Chose it because I wanted the silverware in the door and Whirlpool was the only one I could find that had that option, My old washer was very loud and this is a lot quieter, But I have always rinsed my dishes and still do even though they say you don't have to,
Old 07-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Finish