Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
So close, yet so far and so disappointed! >

So close, yet so far and so disappointed!

So close, yet so far and so disappointed!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:14 AM

I feel your pain. You've shared your experience, and given us all some very useful information about receiving/inspecting/and REFUSING a baaaaad deal. Thank you.
In the past few years, I've had both UPS and a USPS delivery arrive with truck tire treadmarks over the smashed box; and one tall full-spectrum floor lamp arrived bent into an angle.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 AM

Oh, my, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I got my long arm in April. I bought a floor model HV Mega Quilter 18/8 and they ordered a new Grace frame. When I got it all home, unpacked all the frame parts and organized & checked off all the parts which took an hour & a half, I found no screws. Had to call the Grace company. The comment I got from the girl on the phone was "Oh, I wonder how that happened." No I'm sorry. Where is quality control these days. So 3 days later the screws arrive and I got it set up. But it is so frustrating to have it sitting there in pieces and not able to assemble. Hopefully you will get it all soon and with no damage, and life will be wonderful for you.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:08 AM

I hope they won't use the same shipping company again! I'm sure they will try to expedite a better experience for you as they will want you to be happy with their product.

Wishing you a Tin Lizzie on your front porch in no time!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:09 AM

I'm glad you didn't sign or accept delivery and hope this all gets worked out for you.

I am still waiting (several months) for reimbursement for a machine I ordered that came with a cracked case. (not well enough packed) There was no damage to the box so I didn't know until it had been brought in and opened. (UPS)

Just because something is guaranteed doesn't mean a thing anymore too often.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:32 AM

You were so smart to refuse the shipment and calling. So many people would be intimidated by the driver. Good job!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:32 AM

Good for you to have the presence of mind to refuse the shipment. Keep positive. Everything will work out in the end.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 AM

Love your avatar by the way. Did you make this quilt?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:39 AM

Yikes! Hope all turns out ok when you get the next shipment.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:42 AM

Good for you! I refused shipment once on a curio cabinet that I scoured the internet for, when it arrived there was a huge tear in the box, I made the driver undo the package and I saw that a door was off and the glass was cracked. I sent it right back. I had no trouble with my refund.
Sometimes it is hard to believe that something can come so beat up.
I wish you happy sewing adventires when your machine arrives intact!
Old 07-14-2011, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by pineneedles4
I have been waiting very anxiously (unpatiently) for my new Tin Lizzie 18 to be delivered! I guess I'm a very literal person because when they said, "it takes a week to be delivered," I honestly expected it to be here in one week! Well, a little over two weeks later the shipper called and said it would delivered between 4pm and 5pm today! Yeah! I rushed home and waited and the semi truck pulled up and I could hardly contain my excitement! But then the trucker opened his mouth and said the box was here. What? Just one box? No, no, no, there should be three boxes! "No," he repeated, "just one box, I don't know why it says three, they only gave me one." So...he brought the one box to the door which just happened to be the machine head and my heart stopped, I froze, I couldn't breathe...NO...the box had been dropped! One corner completely ripped off, one corner smashed in, and one side smashed in AND the strapping tape was busted! I looked at the driver as he just stood there waiting for me to thank him! I said, "Who dropped this? It's been dropped!" He said, (like I was some idiot), "Well, this is all I have, I need for you to sign for it." "No...I don't think so! What if it's damaged?" The driver said, "I guess you could open it up and see if it's okay." I had my son carry it into the house, I started to slit the top seal (the only one not busted) and then my brain finally realized what was happening! I stopped and called the store and told the owner what was going on, she was upset. She said to refuse the shipment! So, I had my son carry it back out and told the driver I was refusing the shipment because only 1 of 3 boxes were delivered and the the one box, which had the machine head had clearly been dropped and I couldn't be sure the machine wasn't damaged! It cost way too much money to take a chance! So, he asked me to sign the delivery slip and I looked at him like he was crazy. So...I wrote, "Refused deliver, only one package delivered and it was busted." Oh....to come so close yet not get my machine! I'll probably have nightmares tonight! Talk about stressful! The owner of the store where I purchased the machine was calling Tin Lizzie the second we got off the phone to tell them what happened and to order me another machine. I called the transport company manager and told him I had refused the delivery and why. He said, "Oh...I might have your other boxes here at the warehouse, do you want me to send them on out, will you accept delivery then?" No...I politely told him because the machine head had been dropped hard enough to bust the seals and tear off parts of the box! I said you might as well plan on sending the shipment back because I won't accept it damaged. I politely told him that I didn't understand why they separated the shipment when it comes from Tin Lizzie on it's own skid, with all three boxes shrunk wrapped together to protect it! He said, "Hmmm, I'm not sure but it probably just came to us like that!"

Thank you for letting me vent! I think I'll go make a glass of cold iced tea and try to calm down! Oh...so close and yet so far...I was ready to sew the night away!

Vanessa in Oklahoma
Vanessa in OK., so sorry I would be so upset also, I have wanted one of the machines for years. Hope they FedEX it next time DHL used to be the most relieable one but they aren' t in busines here anymore. good luck with the new order..