Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in trouble now . . . >

I'm in trouble now . . .

I'm in trouble now . . .

Old 07-15-2011, 05:35 PM

you say he is going away in two weeks? hehehe, of course he will need spinding money with him right? well, you ust spent your share. hahaha,,, I would not hide it, just be up and out with it.... that is the best way.,,,buuuut keep them both!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:55 PM

keep them both shucks he would get over it u cant help it if your addicted .lol my hubby always grumbling about me buying fabric and sewing machines. he gets what he wants
Old 07-15-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by PrettyCurious
Tuesday is a long ways away . . . I miss her already!
Go get her! In the interest of not starting a fight over sewing machines you're treading (treadleing? ;) ) thin ice by hiding it from him....which do you think he'd be more angry about?

Here comes your pep talk... GROW A PAIR Girl!!! :lol: Let him know that you bought the machine, and she AND her sisters are staying! If he's concerned about space, tell him that there is plenty of space if he gets rid of his recliner! ;) You need both machines.

And BTW... "Redhead" is just as appropriate as "Redeye"...both terms are used by lots of collectors! :)
Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 PM

Wow, I was in Frankenmuth last summer, and wasn't into quilting back then. Well, guess I need to plan a day trip sometime soon. Good luck with your decision! :lol:
Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary
Wow, I was in Frankenmuth last summer, and wasn't into quilting back then. Well, guess I need to plan a day trip sometime soon. Good luck with your decision! :lol:
The shop is small and the fabric is about $10 yd. Not complainin, but I wouldn't go there just for that - or the food. My rueben sandwhich was pertty darn good, but, I'm just sayin . . .
Our lunch - that's another story

I will tell him, of course, but not until I do a lot of cleaning/adjusting. It will be easier to do while he is gone, and hey, if a machine appears while he is gone to see his family [which includes his impossible to please mother] then he shouldn't have left me alone to my own devices, should he?

His mom visits his brother in the UP every summer, and He goes every year to visit them both. His brother and wife are very personable and nice. I go with him every other year.
No matter how much I kiss that womans hiney, it ain't good enough. and I do kiss her hiney, cuz I Love her son. She may not be very nice, but she did raise him to be the wonderful man that he is, although he does have that streak of minimalist in him. No matter what she says, I agree, and I do wait until she says something, cuz if I say something first, it will be wrong.
I still try though, like She's like some impossible to win game, that every now and then yer feelin lucky so you throw out yer best shot . . .
How about a compliment?
I once told her I though her shoes were adorable, and asked where she got them, and she answered, "oh these?" I said yes, they look very nice, did you get them here in MI? and she said "oh I don't know."
How about "Your home town is so wonderful [it must be the way you talk about it when yer in MI] that I want to take a piece of it home with me?
Last fall, we were visiting her in AZ, and I fell in love with all the cactuses, and asked her where I could buy some. She said "Oh every where has them" Knowing she likes to go to Walmart, I said, oh, maybe Walmart then? She then named some generic stores like K-mart, and even Walgreens, which I think is a drug store, so I gave up. Later, I looked up nursery's near her town online, and found one, google mapped it, and she walked in as I was printing the map. She asked DH where we were going, and he said to xxx nursey to get me some cactuses, and she said "I could have told you that" I said we didn't know where it was, and she said "It's not a big town" then as she was leaving the room, shook her head and said [and I quote] "Stupid"
DH still denies that she called me stupid.

They [his Mom and brother] always dictate where, and when we go to see them, and besides missing a weeks work [without pay], it's always more than we can afford. DH won't dare tell her, and I chose not to go, to save him the expense of an additional person.
It's been one of our disagreements, that I never get to see my family, and he gets to see his, even when we can't afford it, once or twice a year. I used to say that I may never see my own dad, whom I hadn't seen in 20 years [because he moved], before he passes.
One day, last year, I told DH I had to see my Dad, and I had to go that week end. We even had to borrow a car to go. I told Sis we were comming, and it caught her off guard cuz she was out of town, but she came home to accomidate us. He passed away when we were 11 hours into the 12 hour drive. So I got to help make furneral arrangements. Yay me. I can't win.

So, I will enjoy the week alone, and I will win this one!!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:30 AM

I find that my sewing room is the last room my hubby will enter. I do not know what he is afraid of... the pile of fabric, the closet of books, the chest of thread, the 3 sewing machines or the ironing board that is permantly set up. I do not golf, he does not sew.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:23 AM

Do not fear you have to sell either. I have 4 and they all work. The one in the back closet does not work so it does not count. My Gd comes over we set up 2 of them and we make quilts, curtains, pillows and special gifts. My GS has used one of them. No, I do not sell any machines. Enjoy them. Wish I lived close enough to go shopping with you. Sounds like a day of dreams come true. Helen
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 AM

I hope your good friend is also a favorite of your husband's. I would get a nice bottle of wine and invite her over to help break the news to your hubby. They say... A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a great friend will be sitting right beside you saying, " D@#$ that was alot of fun!"
Old 07-16-2011, 04:43 PM

I would put it in a place he very seldom goes or looks at. then when he sees it and asks about it, say oh I have had that for quit some time, you must have seen it sitting there and just did not pay attention to what it was.LOL
Old 07-16-2011, 04:44 PM

I would put it in a place he very seldom goes or looks at. then when he sees it and asks about it, say oh I have had that for quit some time, you must have seen it sitting there and just did not pay attention to what it was.LOL I would not part with ethier machine.