Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Addicted to fabric >

Addicted to fabric

Addicted to fabric

Old 07-15-2011, 07:23 PM

Yes, I plead guilty as charged. :mrgreen:
Old 07-16-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by almodent
i couldnt help but notice your avatar is beautiful are those eggs kime komi or temari and if they are did you make them i just started and im really afraid to attempt detailed temari thanks for any response maureen
Hi, thanks for noticing my avatar. They are Ukranian Easter Eggs. Yes, I made them all. I took a workshop one year and was hooked. I'm not an artist and they're not perfect but I had soooo much fun making them. They look difficult but when broken down into several smaller steps anyone can do them. Susan
Old 07-16-2011, 10:03 AM

It's NOT a problem dearie, go forth and buy. With a large stash, you won't have to run out and search for fabric when you want to begin a new project - unless of course you want to LOL
Old 07-16-2011, 10:07 AM

There is NO cure for your ailment..no pill you can take..the only thing I know that helps..is to buy more with really neat storage boxes..lol..welcome to the board..from Arizona !!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:33 PM

We all do we will never run out of fabric but just in case we can buy some this week altho we probably don't know what we are going to sew with the new fabrics. I used to say I would have to live to 105 to use mine all up but it has grown some since than I do love to share with others and let them pic a color out of mine to go with theirs. So come on by.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Termi
HI, I'm totally new to quilting and have only finished one wall hanging. I'm blown away by the gorgeous fabrics out there and want to buy them even if I don't have a project in mind for them. I know it's called stash building but I may have gone overboard. Does anyone else have this problem?
It's a problem??? No wonder my DH just rolls his eyes at me! :mrgreen:
Old 07-20-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by 1227Granny
But, do any of you actually "go through your stash" before starting a project or just buy more for a project?
I always go through my stash, and sometimes make an entire quilt from stash. BUT, the stash just NEVER seems to diminish. If nothing else, it seems to grow! :roll:

And, of course, there are the fabrics that are toooo pretty to cut up so they get petted alot. LOL

Enjoy
Old 07-23-2011, 09:02 AM

Oh don't say that Whinnytoo,cause I think I'm doomed. I think I'm more of a buyer and collecter than a doer. I'm in trouble I think. How to make myself cut into the fabric is a BIG road block.