Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Vegas in 3 weeks, any suggestions? >

Going to Vegas in 3 weeks, any suggestions?

Going to Vegas in 3 weeks, any suggestions?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:39 AM

Go to Fremont St & old Vegas! Also eat at Batista's Hole in the Wall - great Italian food; it's behind the Flamingo
Old 07-18-2011, 04:06 AM

My suggestion for you is...

WIN BIG & buy fabric............
Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 AM

Try to see Jersey Boys. The music is great. We purchased the inexpensive seats and when we got there they gave us seats on the floor, only 7 rows from the stage on the right side. What a treat!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:01 AM

There's a quilt shop called The Christmas Goose and it is wonderful!!! People are really friendly and lots to look at...and buy! It's outside of the strip and you'd need a car and you can google the shop or mapquest it. Well worth it!

We were in Vegas last February and had a great time just walking up and down the strip and watching the people. They have a monorail now that will take you from one end of the strip to the other with lots of stops in between. Well worth the price of the ticket.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Katia
There is actually a quilting tour bus tour.

http://www.quilttoursoflasvegas.com/index.htm

It seems expensive to me, however cheaper then five minutes at a slot machine. Plus these shops are miles apart and not that easy to find so it might be worth it for a tourist. The shops in Vegas are all very different.

Quiltique is in Henderson, but probably worth a visit. They are a Bernina dealer but mostly a huge fabric shop. They have most everything new and the shop is quite light and open.

Also in Henderson, but downtown is Sew Obsessed. Her shop is really new, but she has beautiful stuff, and is so sweet. Very friendly store.

https://www.thewiseagent.com/news/?newsid=22167

Then there is Fabric Boutique on Charleston, which has been mentioned. Also a very nice and very big shop. Great specials there most of the time. Not much info on their website, but a great shop.

http://www.fabricboutique.com/wp/?p=342

My favorite shop is a little one called The Christmas Goose. I always find what I need there. The space is small but packed with beautiful things and the best place for inspiration or shopping. They are also super friendly there.

http://www.christmasgoose.com/

The last one that I know about, is Fiddlesticks. It is out in Boulder City. Very nice shop with lots of fun things. I have only been there once, but I found lots of stuff, of course.

http://www.fiddlesticksquilts.com/

Well, hope that helps.
I wish I had been a quilter when we lived in Vegas. I missed the midwestern friendly and would have gotten it from quilters.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 AM

vegas has several nice quilt shops. My favorite is quiltique ( they have a websight), theirs fabric botique, christmas goose,
when we go to vegas we rent a car, and we take one day, lol. my dh drives me around to these different shops, he just sits and waits int the car,reads the paper and has a cup of coffee.

When we go , i take along a almost empty suitcase, so that i can fill it up. One time i just sent it all home by ups.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:18 AM

There is a quilt shop not far from the strip. You can get there on a bus. I can't remember the name for the life of me. Old Ladies disease!! Everytime we have gone to Vegas I find that shop again. It is fairly large and I have always found good buys and the colors i was looking for. Take bus toward old downtown and you have to change to go west off of vegas blvd.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 AM

I was there with a friend a few years ago. With no car the shop hop was our only option besides a cab. We really enjoyed it. A day of shopping and someone else doing the driving ☺
We figured we could lose our money at the machines or go on a shop hop. Neither one of us gamble so our decision was made !! Have fun !!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 06:07 AM

I was in Las Vegas last year Mother's Day my girls took me there as a gift for M/D .There is a good shop in Henderson if you are driving "Quiltique" beautiful shop check it out if you get a chance you"ll be surprised .All kinds of fabric and patterns etc.
Noella
Old 07-18-2011, 06:09 AM

Don't know anything about fabric stores but we went for a long weekend. Take your good walking shoes.

But shoot, I wish I had seen the quilting tour bus. It might have been fun to do.