Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Vegas in 3 weeks, any suggestions? >

Going to Vegas in 3 weeks, any suggestions?

Going to Vegas in 3 weeks, any suggestions?

Old 07-18-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I have a list of quilt/fabric stores, but if anyone has any feedback about a shop they have been to, or knows if there are any new ones, it would be greatly apperciated! We are going to be staying at The Paris Hotel if that helps. Thank you for any suggestions or ideas! ;)
There's so much to see and do in Vegas that I can't imagine doing any quilting related things either. Unless you're going to be there a long time, then sure, explore a quilt shop or two too and let us all know how it was for you.

Have a great time!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:05 PM

I've been to Vegas once and absolutely hated it. Perhaps I should have been smart like you and found quilt stores to occupy my time. The tours sound really fun. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:46 PM

You are staying in Paris Hilton???? Won't that hurt her????

Sorry - couldn't resist. My mind goes to strange places sometimes.

Seriously though, I've been there a number of times, and NEVER thought of quilts. I love them, but Vegas is a LA LA escape land for me. Karaoke is more like it when I am there.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:50 PM

I went to 4 quilt shops in LV last year - sorry but I can't remember the names of any of them. You will need transportation to get to them - none w/in walking distance of the strip. I checked online to compose a list of shops and then checked the phone book when I was there - a huge discrepancy. Many of the shops listed online are no longer in business.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 PM

Fabric Boutique is really nice about 4 miles from the strip, loved it. Wish I had time to go this past weekend in vegas. It is worth checking out. Ladies are super nice
Old 07-18-2011, 07:05 PM

Here is another one in Henderson

The Downtown Sewing Machine Company: Authorized PFAFF Dealer in ...
Welcome Located in the heart of Henderson, The Downtown Sewing Machine Company offers a wide variety of products and services for the sewing

http://downtownsewingmachine.com

(I don't know why the link won't work, but she has some nice things there)
Uh....I guess it does work.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Katia
There is actually a quilting tour bus tour.

http://www.quilttoursoflasvegas.com/index.htm

It seems expensive to me, however cheaper then five minutes at a slot machine. Plus these shops are miles apart and not that easy to find so it might be worth it for a tourist. The shops in Vegas are all very different.

Quiltique is in Henderson, but probably worth a visit. They are a Bernina dealer but mostly a huge fabric shop. They have most everything new and the shop is quite light and open.

Also in Henderson, but downtown is Sew Obsessed. Her shop is really new, but she has beautiful stuff, and is so sweet. Very friendly store.

https://www.thewiseagent.com/news/?newsid=22167

Then there is Fabric Boutique on Charleston, which has been mentioned. Also a very nice and very big shop. Great specials there most of the time. Not much info on their website, but a great shop.

http://www.fabricboutique.com/wp/?p=342

My favorite shop is a little one called The Christmas Goose. I always find what I need there. The space is small but packed with beautiful things and the best place for inspiration or shopping. They are also super friendly there.

http://www.christmasgoose.com/

The last one that I know about, is Fiddlesticks. It is out in Boulder City. Very nice shop with lots of fun things. I have only been there once, but I found lots of stuff, of course.

http://www.fiddlesticksquilts.com/

Well, hope that helps.
Been to all of these shops, loved them all. They all had a quilt map of each shop in Vegas, so after the first one it was easy to find the rest.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:21 PM

i dont know much about Vegas but i can say Have fun!!!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 05:19 PM

Quilt Shops in Vegas! Wonderful. Gambling gets old real fast, besides I would rather spend my money in the QS.

We mainly go for the shopping. The base has a beautiful Bx retirees can shop, huge outlet place and the antiques are lots of fun.

Last time there we didn't even go on the strip.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the tips & ideas! =) I am going on the quilt tour on Wed.! I would rather go to a quilt shop than to lose it in a slot machine, my DH will do enough of that for the both of us! LOL! Im so excited, I cant wait! Thank all of you again! (((((hugs)))))