Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you making for Christmas gifts >

What are you making for Christmas gifts

What are you making for Christmas gifts

Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM

I have a new machine and think I'll make pillowcases for the adults and throw quilts for the kids. Just the size to cuddle up with and watch TV. I have 4 grandkids and one on the way !!!!
Old 07-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Quilted items for family members include: tote bags, accessory bags, coasters, green grocery bags, casserole totes, pot pinchers, insulated bags for cold groceries, insulated lunch bags, and throw size I spy quilts for the little ones.

Quilted items for quilting friends: thread catchers with pin cushions or sewing machine mats attached, snap bags to carry rotary cutters and other supplies to classes.

Using up the stash that I have been collecting from sales, swaps and purchases made on QB since spring time for all of these gifts. So most of mine is already paid for, just has to be sewn up now.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:12 PM

I've finished a large lap quilt for my mom so far. Others in the works are a small quilted wall hanging for my sister, and my dad spied some pheasant fabric the last time he was in my shop....guess it was his way of "hinting" what he'd like in his Christmas present! lol. My sons already found and started making their own "tiger" quilt....had some tiger striped fabric. I'd planned to make them each their own tiger quilt for Christmas (school mascot and colors), but I guess I'll have to keep thinking on theirs since they beat me to it! :)

Christine
Old 07-21-2011, 07:13 PM

I am doing Christmas tree skirts for DD2 and DIL. Would like to make a throw for SIL with pictures of their dogs. It would be a memory quilt of when they could see. Both dogs are blind. Making rag quilts for the 4 grandchildren. Can't make anything for DD1. She does everything better than I do.

ETA: And a throw for DH with Farmall fabric.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Power Poster

Wish I was thyat far ahead on Christmas
Old 07-22-2011, 03:05 AM

I'm making Folded Dalhia table topper hot pads (see www:quilting board.com/t-114516-1.htm
Last year I made ornaments with folded points that look like they're quilted (check the "Search" button at the top).
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 AM

Family has enough quilts,table covers etc.This yr will be gift certificates all around.Have no idea what I'll make to hold them.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 AM

Not really sure yet so far I bought alot so mostly done!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:05 AM

Smaller items to make might be quilted casserole carriers (put the casserole and a recipe with it), tea cozies to cover a teapot (with matching mug rug), tebag wallet, aprons, tote bags, placemats, tablerunners, throw pillows, pillowcases
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 AM

mug rugs, place mat, coasters, pin cushions, bibs for seniors, table runners, pot holders, lap quilts

for crocheted items;
coasters, towel toppers,placemats, , preemie baby hats to donate, Christmas decorations, book marks, cat toys.lapagans, and probably more if I think about it.