Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please Encourage Each Other >

Please Encourage Each Other

Please Encourage Each Other

Old 07-30-2011, 06:33 AM

I agree. We have a person in our guild who actually has had some of her quilts published in books, we had one member say "I hope she doesn't enter in the quilt show, she'll make the rest of us look bad". The women overheard that and didn't enter any of her beautiful quilts in the show. I feel that everyone who came to the show lost out by not being able to see her beautiful quilts. Some women are so insecure they either feel they have to cut somebody down to make themselves look good or are worried about someone's work making theirs look bad. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:35 AM

That rude person needs to watch "Bambi". Thumper quotes his mother's teaching. "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."
Old 07-30-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by MarieM
I agree. We have a person in our guild who actually has had some of her quilts published in books, we had one member say "I hope she doesn't enter in the quilt show, she'll make the rest of us look bad". The women overheard that and didn't enter any of her beautiful quilts in the show. I feel that everyone who came to the show lost out by not being able to see her beautiful quilts. Some women are so insecure they either feel they have to cut somebody down to make themselves look good or are worried about someone's work making theirs look bad. Just my 2 cents.
Yes, I agree....and how sad that others lost out on the chance to see the lady's work.

Love your avatar by the way!!
Old 07-30-2011, 06:41 AM

That is too bad that someone would have that kind of gall. I was taught early on that if I couldn't say something nice to just keep quiet.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:43 AM

wE ALL HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT PERSON WORKED HARD WITH HER QUILT, AND WAS VERY PROUD OF WHAT SHE HAD MADE. ON THE OTHER HAND THE PERSON IS,NT ALWAY PERFECT OR IS SHE ABOVE GOD.

NER FROM BDA.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
In nursing, there is an old thought that "nurses eat there young". That has never been the case in quilting. She was soooo wrong to do this!!!
I understand this quote! I am a nurse.This is one reason I don't belong to a guild.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 AM

So sorry that happened to someone :cry: :cry: :cry:
Old 07-30-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by nana2
That rude person needs to watch "Bambi". Thumper quotes his mother's teaching. "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all."
I agree with that!
I'm sorry for the quilter!
Please let us get this feedback and embrace her and her beautiful work!
A hug for everyone!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Coloradoquilter
I was at a guild meeting and saw someone's show and tell put down. It came after lots of "WOW" quilts and a person helping made a hurtful comment. ouch....
How was their show and tell put down? I'm wondering if your mistaking an honest critique for a put down. You can't grow if you can't accept critiques.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 AM

It's sad that there has to be one of those people in ANY group or organization. The sad part is that the person who feels it necessary to "put down" someone else, is so unhappy with their own life or their own skills, they can't encourage someone else. To them I say "May the bird of paradise fly up your nose~ may an elephant caress you with it's toes," etc.