Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You! are my family away from home. >

You! are my family away from home.

You! are my family away from home.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM

Thank you for your kindness! God knows when we need to hear those words!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:57 PM

What a sweet thing to say and mean it! I am fairly new to this board but love it. I feel a connection to everyone as well. God bless you!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:10 PM

How sweet of you to perceive that all of us are needy at times and to offer your friendship and kindness. Just so you know, I am "Bookmarking" you, so that if I need a shoulder, I'll know a willing one awaits me. Thanks and may God richly bless you.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Dee

Very well said, cuz thats the way I feel. Have a yuk day,come here and you feel much better. Its as if mom kissed a boo boo. 68 and still feel like I belong somewhere.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron
Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Dear HappyLady....and a name to fit you to a T. Yes, we all appreciate each other here on the Board. Thank you for voicing what we probably all feel.
Oh, dear, I thought you were HIPPIE Lady. :oops: Hooked on Phonics didn't werk for me. :lol:
Greenheron: That is soooo funny! See you made me laugh. That's what it is all about! ;-)
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 PM

Thanks to all for uplifting me with your kind remarks! I want to tell you jpthequilter, I know it is scary about the ss thing especially the way our leaders are doing. My mom is in your condition too and my brothers and sister and me are standing faithfully behind her, if it is to be, she has us. I hope you have loving children to stand behind you. As long as I am alive, mama will never be put in a rest home. I have asked her to come live with me, I bet a hundred times, but she want leave her home. I understand, I would be the same way. Miss Jeannie, I hope the best for you, I know you will be alright!

Quilting Fran: I am so sorry for the loss of your DH. I also know by my mom, the grief and the long healing process when my precious daddy died. I'll never forget, but she healed and she still misses him and loves him so much, but the hurt does ease off and you are left with the hope and know that one day you'll be together again. Thank the Lord for friends and remaining family. btw, I love your avatar. It is beautiful!

Sister madge: Good for the bookmark, pm me anytime. I'll be right here. I keep my computer on while on my sewing machine desk as I am sewing and quilting away.

Dee: That's is a good way to look at it. (Mom kissed a boo-boo)! I love it! So true, so true!
Old 08-01-2011, 10:36 AM
SMR

I've been through some rough times recently with numerous health related issues and having to leave a job that I loved due to, but life has been alittle brighter since I found the quilting board. It has inspired my to get sewing and actually finish some things and filled my mind wit wonderful ideas for future projects. I don't just visitonce a day but usually find myself here 2 or 3 times a ay ,just for hat little fix. Thank goodness I found quilting board site,it keeps me going.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:46 AM

Thank you! I needed to hear I am worth something besides a taxi driver, maid, dirty laundry mistress, laundry gal, errand girl, sewer, Mom, employee and daughter. I was told today I was a stupid, ugly old hag. Yes, I am 50, short and heavy and not a model by far. I have 2 college degrees (no, that doesnt' make one intelligent) and feel like I can contribute to society and help a 13 year old with homework. I pick up after family at home and after children/adults at work - I am a librarian.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by hpylady
Thanks to all for uplifting me with your kind remarks! I want to tell you jpthequilter, I know it is scary about the ss thing especially the way our leaders are doing. My mom is in your condition too and my brothers and sister and me are standing faithfully behind her, if it is to be, she has us. I hope you have loving children to stand behind you. As long as I am alive, mama will never be put in a rest home. I have asked her to come live with me, I bet a hundred times, but she want leave her home. I understand, I would be the same way. Miss Jeannie, I hope the best for you, I know you will be alright!

Quilting Fran: I am so sorry for the loss of your DH. I also know by my mom, the grief and the long healing process when my precious daddy died. I'll never forget, but she healed and she still misses him and loves him so much, but the hurt does ease off and you are left with the hope and know that one day you'll be together again. Thank the Lord for friends and remaining family. btw, I love your avatar. It is beautiful!

Sister madge: Good for the bookmark, pm me anytime. I'll be right here. I keep my computer on while on my sewing machine desk as I am sewing and quilting away.

Dee: That's is a good way to look at it. (Mom kissed a boo-boo)! I love it! So true, so true!
TO hpylady - Thanks for your kind wishes! I have one son, who is retired from the military who lives four hours away, who is busy teaching school to kids in prison.
Right now, the political outlook is much more favorable for ss! Still it is hard to simply squeak by every month, bc we seniors have not got any "cost of living raises" for several years, and everything else has gone up! Blessings on you too! Jeannie
Old 08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
elm

Originally Posted by Sharonsews
Thank you! I needed to hear I am worth something besides a taxi driver, maid, dirty laundry mistress, laundry gal, errand girl, sewer, Mom, employee and daughter. I was told today I was a stupid, ugly old hag. Yes, I am 50, short and heavy and not a model by far. I have 2 college degrees (no, that doesnt' make one intelligent) and feel like I can contribute to society and help a 13 year old with homework. I pick up after family at home and after children/adults at work - I am a librarian.
Wow! Sounds like someone was totally out of control. Try to remember that you are a capable, lovable person even when you are being raged at. Whatever happened to that name caller, didn't require you to be verbally abused. Glad you wrote about it. Hope it helped you to vent. Think quilt patterns. That's happier.