LAND Lines

Old 08-07-2011, 05:15 AM

We have both land line & cell phones - can't say we use either very much - it seems people just email & Facebook to communicate these days - too bad.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:34 AM

no where I live is a dead zone for cells-need the land line
Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 AM

LOL, I must be a real odd ball!
I use my land line all the time. I do have portable phones so I can take outside to garden.

I have a cell to use in emergency, in the car, (usually forgotten at home anyway or dead in my purse). Personally I do not want to be on my cell.
If I am out I'm out. Leave a message and when I get home I will call you back.
Oh well, to each their own.
Dawn
Old 08-07-2011, 06:09 AM

I still have my land line because it depends on where you live . I live in the country and if I have to call on my cell I loose a call here and there. I prefer to be called on my land line if it is just for talking to a friend for a longer period than a business call. I love my cell when the weather is good.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:12 AM

Get rid of it! Make sure you have enough minutes on your cell phone though, found out that 450 was not enough! BUT, we do a lot of FREE Skype.com now also.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 AM

Will keep my land line just like I'll keep my house. I consider my home "base." A cell phone only would be like living in a motor home.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:23 AM
gus

Still have mine
Old 08-07-2011, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR
We are keeping ours.

1. Our security system and DSL use it.

2. Our house is too large for us to hear our cell phones from anywhere, and I am not carrying the phone around in my own house.

3. We live right around the corner from FEMA and smack in between Camp David and Site R, so during a national event it is unlikely we will have cell service.

4. In an event like 9/11 we WON'T have cell service, period; even when land lines are spotty they are better than nothing.

5. We can recharge our cell phones in the car if we have to, but it is nice knowing we can continue to use our land line phones indefinitely if the power is out.

We changed over most of our house phones to 1950's style rotary phones for some of these reasons.
Ditto! :thumbup:
Old 08-07-2011, 06:49 AM

Oh good, a chance for me to vent. Yes, I miss my land line. My husband changed us from Frontier over to Time Warner for the package deal he had to have to reduce the phone bill by $40 a month. Problem is that he never told me. That made me furious because we lost the land line. My parents are in their mid-90s and only have a land line and if the electricity goes out, I can stay in contact with them. They just wouldn't think to call my cell phone. Besides that, when we got a long-distance call, there were three rings, now it is just like any call with only one ring, so when it rings, I run in the house to see who it is. Before I could figure it would be a telemarketer; now I can't tell.

In answer to your question, I HATE IT. I hate my cell phone because I do NOT want to be reached in my car. We lived without this communication for years and I'd go back in a minute, but my husband can't, or won't, probbly because it would be too expensive to go back.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:49 AM

we dumped ours cus we dont call anyone, (we'er old and have a small family - no big extended group lol). cells only work for us sharet (now - if we could only dump the cable!!)