Mom jeans

Old 08-20-2011, 06:02 AM

I love my 'mom jeans'! They are so hard to find. Most jeans in the stores are low rise and like most of you, I HATE the too. Thumbs up for Mom Jeans!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:03 AM

How about what our granddaughters have to wear? I buy small adult women's shirts for my 8 year old granddaughter, just so they will be long enough to meet the top of her jeans. I'm so old school, it's pitiful, but I can't stand to see her bare butt peeking out when she bends over! Instead of less material in our clothes, we need LOTS more!!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by mochasue
I must be the only one who doesn't like "mom jeans" Don't like anything on my waist. I do not show my butt crack, but I do like low rise jeans. so I guess that makes me somewhere in the middle because I am kind of shorter so the low rise don't fit real low on me.
Same here. "Mom jeans" are actually too long waisted on me. Seriously, I only have about a hands-width between my boobs & my waist. So I have been enjoying the mid to low rise of jeans. A mid rise on me falls about like what most would consider "Mom jeans" and a low rise on me is what a mid rise is on others. Works for me! :)
Old 08-20-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by lotsafabric
Does anybody out there still wear "Mom Jeans"? I sure do miss mine. I keep feeling like I have to pull my jeans up. Anybody out there feel the same way as I do?? Guess it's just a sign that I'm getting old ..... ugh
Even though they aren't advertised as "mom jeans," try "Not Your Daughters' Jeans. They hit the waist and some of them are quite stylish. Can be dressed up or down.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:47 AM

try JMS (just my size) from WM they come to the waist on me and fit really well in the legs. most comfortable ones I've ever worn.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by RkayD
My kids have made fun of me their whole life for my mom jeans..but my daughter bought some at the thrift store and suprise! She loves them..KIDS!

I LOVE real denim jeans too..I hate that stretch stuff!
I am waiting for the day my 2nd DD finally realizes that MOM jeans are fantastic.

Denim for me, too. The stretch stuff doesn't last through the work mine get.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:00 AM

I wear my jeans for so long that current style is never an issue.

Second that Just My Size recommendation.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by sixfootroad
How about what our granddaughters have to wear? I buy small adult women's shirts for my 8 year old granddaughter, just so they will be long enough to meet the top of her jeans. I'm so old school, it's pitiful, but I can't stand to see her bare butt peeking out when she bends over! Instead of less material in our clothes, we need LOTS more!!
My 7 year old can't wear jeans right now. by the time they fit around the waist the crotch is near her knees and the knees are around her ankles, Capris usually fit her like jeans- and she's not short! She just isn't able to wear skinny jeans. And at 7 years old she's already in a chiilds Large or XL shirts. She'll be in adult size clothes by the time she's in 4th grade at this rate.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by dd
I do. I was taught to get dressed in the morning and to cover myself. I hate to see a womans thong sticking out or a tramp stamp when they bend over. The jeans come down and the shirt comes up and the fat hangs out. Eeewww!!!
Could not have said it better. I agree. LOL
Old 08-20-2011, 07:38 AM

I do not like the plummers butt jeans, i have to have somthing cover my buns, people who where their jeans falling down and don't know how to walk and show thongs, make me sick and i just want to go over to them and pull their pants up and give them a wedgie. I wear mine big and comfy and they fit and i'm proud of it and i am proud to wear granny panties, even though my kids laugh. laughs on them.