paypal experiences

Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I've used paypal for years, never had any problems. I like it for ebay and buying from members here. Fast and easy. I think once you have it setup you'll use it.
I agree. Twice I had a problem with a seller and they worked with me to rectify the situation. Good people.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Why yes, I *HAVE* oogled her gorgeous quilts! :D :D :D Didn't know it was *THIS* Geta!

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
In this case, MTS seems to know her so you may wanna get some more feedback from her to help you feel comfortable.

If it was someone nobody knew, welllll....I'd say no to the downloads.
Geta is a member of this board.
And I'm sure you've all admired her GORGEOUS quilts.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_to...um=5721&page=1

her blog:
http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/
Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM

I've been using Paypal for about 5 years, buying and selling (mostly selling) all over the world. I love, love, love Paypal and the two times (out of over 1,000 transactions) I had issues, I called them, spoke immediately to a knowledgeable representative, and things were satisfactorily resolved right away.

So I highly recommend Paypal.

Geta's patterns and blog are wonderful....and I wouldn't hesitate one second to purchase from her.

:-D
Old 08-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
Using PayPal is great!!! It is my payment of choice when given the option. Basically, it's a holding spot for money, whether paying or receiving. Nothing can happen without your input though, so it's pretty safe. If you are buying, you pay PayPal and they pay the Seller. If you are receiving money, it's just the opposite. The money stays in PayPal until you "withdraw" it. It can also be used to transfer money to someone without fees if you select the "personal" option. My kids pay the rent to me that way, they select living expense as the type.

A note of caution though, there are spammers, so you have to be careful.
* Do not click the link sent via email from anyone, even if it looks legit - ALWAYS manually type the address to get there (www.paypal.com). You can see your transactions just fine when you log in. The bad email it comes from is very similar...I've seen it come thru as paypall.com (an extra "L")
* Don't ever give out your password.
* When purchasing from someone, all they need to know is the email address you use for PayPal. They don't need to know any of your banking info or passwords.
Can not stress this enough!!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 10:46 AM

I've used paypal for years and never had any problems. I also use a separate account just for paypal.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:27 AM

I've used PayPal for about 10 years. It offers very good record keeping for the seller and buyer. I was purchasing something recently (don't tell hubby) and the person gave me the wrong email address to pay. Added another number to her email. I received confirmation from PayPal saying I had paid her and when she asked when I was going to pay, I sent her a copy of the email showing I had already paid and a copy of the original email from her showing the address to use. It was a mistake easily corrected. You go into PayPal, cancel the original and then pay the correct email. Or you can even invoice them or they can send an invoice to you. The have templates set up to do that. It's very easy to use. It takes 3-5 days to set it up. Seems like forever when you want to buy something. LOL
Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Geta has an awesome blog! I read it a lot and comment on it. She's on the board and very sweet. I've not bought anything from her yet, but if I were wanting to I myself wouldn't hesitate buying from her.

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
In this case, MTS seems to know her so you may wanna get some more feedback from her to help you feel comfortable.

If it was someone nobody knew, welllll....I'd say no to the downloads.
Geta is a member of this board.
And I'm sure you've all admired her GORGEOUS quilts.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/user_to...um=5721&page=1

her blog:
http://cadouri-din-inima.blogspot.com/
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM

I have used PayPal for many years. I use it for everything that offers payment that way online. They are wonderful. You can even send someone a payment for something by using the "Send Money" feature. It is a safe and secure site. If you ever have a problem, they will dispute it for you and get your payment back with no extra charge. They have helped me settle problems on different occasions. Do not hesitate to use PayPal. You will be glad you did. I love that Fabric.com accepts PayPal payments. It makes it so easy to complete the transaction. I hope this has helped you to decide.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Power Poster

I always use pay pal and have never had a problem.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:23 PM

I had paypal for many years & thought it was the most secure way to make a payment.
Up until about a year ago.
Someone somehow bought a camera using my account information! The first I knew about it was when paypal emailed to say that the payment would be coming out of my account & thanks for using paypal. This camera cost $700 & the shipping address was for somewhere in south Florida! NOT MY ADDRESS!
I got in touch with paypal & since it hadn't been taken out of my account (it was a 'pending' transaction) there was nothing they could do about it. My husband went by our bank & had them put a stop payment on it. It cost us $28 for that. When we were finally able to talk to a person at paypal, they told us that it was a suspicious transaction & they were looking into it. But they were still attempting to get the $700 out of our account! They attempted at least 3 different times to get my money. They started calling wanting to know why payment hadn't been made. They emailed every day for the same thing. If I hadn't stopped payment, someone would have had my $700 & I would have been overdrawn.
Finally, they emailed me to say that they had finished their investigation & all was well now. I closed that account right then! And I'll never have another one.
That's my experience with paypal.