Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tell us all about  Good experiences ordering online! >

Tell us all about Good experiences ordering online!

Tell us all about Good experiences ordering online!

Old 03-31-2010, 10:28 AM

Hi all,
Seems like recently we have heard alot about bad experiences ordering through online shops. I was following Ditters thread about Fabric.com because, I too had a bad experience with them. WELL..... yesterday I had a really nice experience and thought I would share it with all of you..... and thought we could all add our GOOD experiences here. Tell us WHY it was a good experience... did they ship quickly, add extra yardage, give you a call with any questions, have a great sale.... whatever made it a good experience for you.

So... I will start.
Sunday evening I visited Patchworkplus-Quilting.com I was looking for some batiks to make a quilt that I saw in a magazine in November. I have had great trouble in finding them. I saw some at this site, and had never ordered before, or even looked at the site. I had some questions, so I emailed late in the evening. I had my answer bright and early the next morning! After getting the email I thought that these fabrics would work, so I ordered online. I checked the box that said if they were short to send what they had in stock. Then I proceded to get ready for the day and go run my errands. As I was walking out the door, my cel phone rang. I looked and it was some area code that I didnt recognize, so I let it go to voice mail. It took me most of the morning to do my things, and finally 2-3 hours later I checked voice mail. It was the shop calling to double check about one of the fabrics that they were short on.... The other fabrics were cut and ready to send! I thought WOW, that was fast! I told them thank you for being so prompt and that I appreciated the great customer service, because I had noticed they were having two big sales at their store these last 3 days of March. A Handi quilter truckload sale and an Easter Eggstravaganza. She said, "well you are our customer also!" When I got home there was an email notification of shipment! That REALLY impressed me!
I will let you know how the shipment looks when it arrives!

So... lets hear about everyones good experiences, and maybe we will all find some new places to shop!
Old 03-31-2010, 10:43 AM

I am very loyal to Nixie Chicks.
http://nixiechicks.com/index.php

Sharon and her mother run this store from their basement. She has a very limited selection and sells out fast, but the products she has are great quality. She sends a free pattern, label, and FQ with each order. Shipping is free if order totals $35 or more. She emails a coupon each week that is usually for $10 off, so that if the order is $35, she takes off $10, =$25, I STILL get free shipping.

She calls or emails if any problem, and ships the next day. I've been buying from her for 3 years now and have never had a problem.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:44 AM

I placed an order with:
http://www.shiboridragon.com/
Got an email response within minutes that they had received it, then the next day an email it had shipped. There was one item back ordered and they had let me know that. Received the first package in 2 days. A week later got an email that the back-ordered item was in and they would ship that day. Got it in 2 days, too. They even included a nail file as a thank you for waiting for the last item!
I was very please with the service and will check them often when I shop.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:56 AM

The ones I can remember which I love and will use over and over.

River City Quilts in MN - Fabulous, quick turn around, fast, courteous. - Update I just ordered the same fabrics from the Hancock order I just canceled - order this morning, received an email confirmation as I was typing this it is are on the way and will be here in three business day - LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys

1000's Bolts one Nut - Fabulous, great seletion, great prices, fast delivery. I placed a large order with them in the am and that afternoon they were cutting and the fabric was on its way.

Keepsake Quilting - Fabulous, very reliable, great catalog, very courteous.

Connecting Threads - Reliable, good selection on line, quick turn around.

Clotide - I only used them once and they were ok.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Power Poster

There are too many good ones to list for me.

The one I had angst over is Keepsake's Quilting. They have very very slow order filling and shipping.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 AM

Well, my one experience with Fabric.com was a very good one.
The fabrics I ordered were exactly what I was hoping they were........fast shipment, and 37 inches to a yard, and the prices were very good, too.
Until now, I wasn't aware that others were having trouble with their orders.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM

I have had great service and results from crazyquiltgirlfabricshop.com.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:49 AM

I'm with Bella Boo, I use and like too many to list. My very favorite is eQuilter, fast,excellant service, but mainly because of their web site, clear large pics, exact size of the fabrics' graphics. I've also had excellant quality & service from all e-bay shops that I've bought from.
Virginia Quilter;4my3Boyz;Connecting Threads;Fabric Depot; Hayloaft Fabrics; Marshall Dry Goods & the list goes on and on.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I am very loyal to Nixie Chicks.
http://nixiechicks.com/index.php

Sharon and her mother run this store from their basement. She has a very limited selection and sells out fast, but the products she has are great quality. She sends a free pattern, label, and FQ with each order. Shipping is free if order totals $35 or more. She emails a coupon each week that is usually for $10 off, so that if the order is $35, she takes off $10, =$25, I STILL get free shipping.

She calls or emails if any problem, and ships the next day. I've been buying from her for 3 years now and have never had a problem.
I like them too, they even gave me some free stuff.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:49 PM

I ordered 4 yds of Alexander Henry's "Lion Eyes" from
http://www.fabricparadise.com on a Thursday and a quite generous 4 yds arrived from Conneticut to my door in Illinois on Monday. I spoke on the phone with the woman and she told me that she has a lot of fabric that's not on her website so feel free to call her anytime up to about 10:30pm.