paypal experiences

Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 AM

I've used it to pay for things purchased from this board. They walked me thru it, and I've got to say, if I can do it, anyone can. I don't even remember if there was much to do to use it, set-up wise.

Everytime is a new time for me!!! Gotta love not remembering things!
Old 08-23-2011, 08:13 AM

I have a pay pal account for years & would't do with out it it is simple to set up & you can talk to a real person if you have problems
Old 08-23-2011, 08:23 AM

LOVE paypal. Good way to pay without having to give banking info on every purchase. Never had a problem in the many years using it. It can be used anywhere and mine is tied in with my bank so that I can transfer money FROM paypal into checking acct. :thumbup:
Old 08-23-2011, 08:26 AM

I have been using Pay Pal for ebay and various other purchases for over three years and as yet have had no trouble with them. It's very secure, well as secure as anything can be these days, and once you get yourself set up it sure makes transactions easier.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM

I recently had a charge that was automately tacken for my account . Pay Pal was of no help. They said that there was not enough evidence for the claim. My discover card is still trying to get in touch with this seller and because they couldnot , after two months are still working on this as of yesterday. How did paypal do that in 3weeks. Discover has refunded my money. They are still working on my claim. We are talking about $100.00.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:00 AM

I've used PayPal for years, at first just on eBay purchases. Now (since it's owned by eBay now) many merchants accept it also. It's much safer than using your credit card directly on a merchant's website.

The verification process is important (your bank account as well as your address) as part of their security. I've never had any issues and the purchase protection is a plus.

Anita
Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I've used paypal for years, never had any problems. I like it for ebay and buying from members here. Fast and easy. I think once you have it setup you'll use it.
I agree, I use it all the time and and for atleast the last 8 years or so. Fast and easy. I just use my credit card when I make a purchase. I don't give out any other information like bank acct #'s and etc...
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Nantie
I just found a lovely site, a lady from Romania (Greta, i believe) has beautiful quilt patterns for downloading for $5, but only accepts PayPal. i read the particulars on paypal on their site and now are more confused. Has anyone got any feedback on using the site, how best to set up an account, or whatever. i don't see myself using this type of account often and wonder if i should even attempt it....thanks
Paypal is a wonderful convenience. The account is not hard to set up--just follow directions one step at a time. If you ever have a problem with a vendor, Paypal will help you with it. froggyintexas
Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 AM

I've heard of some people having trouble with Paypal but I've had much used account with them for well over a decade and never had a problem with it. I just purchased an item from Australia and Paypal did the currency exchange thing with no problem at all. They also gave me the price based on that days exchange rate so I knew what it was going to cost me in american dollars before I completed the transaction. You do need some time to set up an account with them because they need to verify your bank account so don't wait until the day you want to purchase something to set up a Paypal account. For overseas transactions they'll add a fee to the buyer if they use a credit card, but not if you use your bank account.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:25 AM

greatest thing
Originally Posted by Nantie
I just found a lovely site, a lady from Romania (Greta, i believe) has beautiful quilt patterns for downloading for $5, but only accepts PayPal. i read the particulars on paypal on their site and now are more confused. Has anyone got any feedback on using the site, how best to set up an account, or whatever. i don't see myself using this type of account often and wonder if i should even attempt it....thanks