Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Myr organized messy sewing room where I did my Farmer's wife sampler quilt and stash >

Myr organized messy sewing room where I did my Farmer's wife sampler quilt and stash

Myr organized messy sewing room where I did my Farmer's wife sampler quilt and stash

Old 08-24-2011, 04:16 PM

I think that is great you and your hubby quilt together...but I think you both could use more space and bigger tables...
Old 08-24-2011, 05:31 PM

Love your sewing room, reminds me of home.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:14 PM

No, I do not know what dh has made-up behind his machine; hard to tell because he invents things that work for him. He helps me cut out pieces for quilts because he has two eyes, and I have one that sees. I just turn my blind eye toward the worse mess.

He also makes his own kilts to wear since we retired 'cause the others on internet is too expensive.

I have spend a number of years building up my stash before we retired...in Corpus Christi and the four LQS there. DH said, its your choice when we move to retire: all your kitchen food stuff or your sewing stash. You can see what my choice was.

Here in retirement in North Central Missouri, I have a new friend who loves to quilt, has a stash much bigger than mine, and is willing to take me along on her once a year road trips to acquire new materials. She also knows more about quilting than I do, and is willing to teach me. (She loves my home cooking)

STABLE is Stash Accumulating Beyond Life Expectancy.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM

Lucky you. I dont have a sewing room. I sew out of my bedroom.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

That is cool that you and your husband sew together
Old 08-24-2011, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue
No, I do not know what dh has made-up behind his machine; hard to tell because he invents things that work for him. He helps me cut out pieces for quilts because he has two eyes, and I have one that sees. I just turn my blind eye toward the worse mess.

He also makes his own kilts to wear since we retired 'cause the others on internet is too expensive.

I have spend a number of years building up my stash before we retired...in Corpus Christi and the four LQS there. DH said, its your choice when we move to retire: all your kitchen food stuff or your sewing stash. You can see what my choice was.

Here in retirement in North Central Missouri, I have a new friend who loves to quilt, has a stash much bigger than mine, and is willing to take me along on her once a year road trips to acquire new materials. She also knows more about quilting than I do, and is willing to teach me. (She loves my home cooking)

STABLE is Stash Accumulating Beyond Life Expectancy.
Thank you for your response!
Enjoy your stash and sew with your husband! Is the dream of many of us!
A big hug for you and your husband!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Looks like my room.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:24 PM

I love it that you and your husband share a love of sewing. Your sewing room looks a lot like mine but my stash is not that large.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM

GV09, I ask my dh and he said it lifted up the needle & presser foot so his hands were free.

Yes, dh machine is called Lily.

Thanks for all your kind words everyone; I love the phrase "much loved room". We don't always sew together, he does his thing, while I do mine. Or he will do other things during the summer and sew with me, if he feels like it, in the winter months. He has his bedroom where he can make all the noise he wants too, and I have mine that is filled with books and its a "QUIET Zone".

It is called a "peace retirement" time in our lives.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:06 PM

I love your discription of retirement. Sure sounds right to me.