Neighbor with beehive?!!?!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM

AGREED !
Originally Posted by kaykwilts
wow....hard to believe this topic hasn't gone to the "topic not found" sinkhole....
Old 08-26-2011, 10:32 AM

I have new next door neighbors, they have kids and a pit bull.
The kids wave at me when I'm outdoors, and I took them some cookies when I make them for friends.

I do NOT like the idea of a pit bull, I've always loved and had Dobermans, who have all gone on to the Rainbow Bridge.

That Pit Bull? She kept getting out and frightened people would yell at her and rush back to their cars or houses. She came up to my front door one day, and I grabbed a piece of meat from the table and gave tiny pieces of it to her as I led her home.

Now when she gets bored she escapes through her fence and sits at my front door, chats through the screen at my male cat, barking till I get some yummies and she walks me back to her house!!!! She promptly "sits" for treats, learned that quickly from me, and I think by next month she will learn to walk on my left side with no leash.....
Old 08-26-2011, 11:08 AM

Why would you call authorities before talking to the neighbors? Seems to me lack of communication with neighbors is what casues the most trouble in neighborhoods. You can explain to her/him the problem of allergies in your family to bee stings. Maybe he/she went to a sale and got these wonderful things to use in the house. Good luck, take care.
Linda
Old 08-26-2011, 12:35 PM

Never heard of honey bees bothering anyone - unless maybe you plan on poking a stick into the hive. We had hives under out bedroom window for years.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Commnicate with them!! What goes around comes around, you should do everything you can before callin the authorities. Sometimes you can open a can of worms that you don't want to, unless everything you do is perfect, I would be careful!!
Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM

I don't think you should assume that everyone is comfortable confronting or even communicating with their neighbors. You don't know them and you don't know their neighbors. There are times when it is better to have a neutral third party investigate the situation.
If there is a law against beehives in this neighborhood,, the bee people should hear about it from the city. What makes you think they would believe their neighbor?

This situation is making me think of that movie with Tom Hanks, and the weird neighbors.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by bodie358
Wow. You posted something on a public forum where people customarily make comments. Just because you don't agree with someones reply does not mean that they are jumping all over you. Seems to me that you were just fishing for people to back up your proposed plan of action.
I don't have a problem with people posting replies that disagree with my plan of action, in fact I welcome them. If someone can come up with a better idea, I'm all for it, especially if I don't have to wade through red tape. What I do have a problem with is people who insinuate that I am a bad neighbor, a bad American, and a racist for having come up with said plan of action. As I stated before, I had NO idea why calling the county would be such a bad idea. Everyone here said it was, but until Sadiemae replied (way down on page 3) that fines could be levied, no one explained WHY. I have another neighbor who has lived here for 35 years, when she saw the boxes she thought the same thing, that they were for bees, and told me to call the county. If this was an acceptable plan of action for her, why would I question it?

Anyway, as I stated before, I will have my son's classmate come over and see if she can help me communicate with these neighbors. Y'all please quit piling on me now. Except for DebraK - you keep throwing those tomatoes my way, lol. :lol:
Old 08-26-2011, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I have new next door neighbors, they have kids and a pit bull.
The kids wave at me when I'm outdoors, and I took them some cookies when I make them for friends.

I do NOT like the idea of a pit bull, I've always loved and had Dobermans, who have all gone on to the Rainbow Bridge.

That Pit Bull? She kept getting out and frightened people would yell at her and rush back to their cars or houses. She came up to my front door one day, and I grabbed a piece of meat from the table and gave tiny pieces of it to her as I led her home.

Now when she gets bored she escapes through her fence and sits at my front door, chats through the screen at my male cat, barking till I get some yummies and she walks me back to her house!!!! She promptly "sits" for treats, learned that quickly from me, and I think by next month she will learn to walk on my left side with no leash.....
LOL. Smart little thing isn't she. They are called Nanny dogs for a reason.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:00 PM

I loved my neighbors in GA of course I lived in a small town and you could actually talk to people.And the codes weren't stupid strict.
Here my brother has a neighbor that gets his jollies calling in code violations. It got so bad that my brother had to take him to court for harrassment.(he called in a vandelism charge on my brothers step- granddaughter because she wrote with chalk on her own driveway) They just changed the city codes here so that nothing can be in the front yard. And this guy called in 21 code violations on the street. There are not even that many houses ,maybe half that, on the street.
I am all for talking to the neighbors but in this day and age its hard . I have been here since November and haven't even seen most of the people that live on this street.

Good luck and I really hope they are not bees. I really hope everything works out for everyone.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 PM

no they do not look like bee boxes to me