Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet >

Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet

Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet

Old 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM

I am sorry that happened to you. It has happened to me in the past until I learned to ask for a swatch if something had to match exactly. I once had a customer who wanted dark gray sashing for the quilt I was making. According to desciption and picture I ordered only to receive a dark green. Next time I asked for a swatch and she was happy. I am STILL using that dark green up. It was returnable but that didn't seem practical because of the cost of return shipping.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Someone may have already mentioned this. Thousands of Bolts has a way that you can click on the focus fabric and find other fabrics that match the spot you clicked on. Very cool and fun. I had good luck doing this. And Thousands of Bolts prices are great and good service.
eQuilter does this too. I go to them to see, not to buy. I find out the manufacturer and name of pattern. Then I go to Thousands or Over The Rainbow or something like that and find the least cost of that pattern.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Eldene
Can some of you list some of your favorite On Line Quilt Shops. I have never ordered on line my self. I have order over the phone a couple of times.

Thank you, love this message board!!!!
I use Fabric.com, EQuilter.com, Connectingthreads.com, The Old Country Store, Favorite Fabrics, and others I just can't recall right now. I have never been in an LQS in my life, I live at least 100 miles from one. I have been very happy with my online purchases. Most places want to satisfy their customers so they will buy again. If something is wrong with your fabric, be sure to contact them.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:23 AM

My shop closed up after Ike, so I order mostly on line. Mostly the fabrics are brands that I am familiar with and know they are quality fabric. I have never had a problem. Monitors are different but usually they will put color in the description, read that.

Most online stores are also have store fronts, so they stand behind their fabric. If you are disappointed, I would call and talk to them. I'm sure they will want you to be happy about your purchase. I have had great customer service from all that I have dealt with.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:54 AM

Sorry you were disappointed
Old 08-26-2011, 10:57 AM

I order on line and never had a problem. Sometimes the color isn't as bright as I thought it would be but I like to order on line. I also go to our local quilts shops but prices are getting too high.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 AM

what is a shade card? And were do u get it.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:22 AM

I recommend eQuilter...they have a tool that lets you match colors in fabrics while shopping. At least it is a good place to browse and then maybe find a be3tter price elsewhere.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:18 PM

I found that online colors at Connecting Threads and Fabric Depot do not match the fabrics themselves. Could be my computer, but I don't have the same problem with other sites.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:13 PM

Hi, Iv;e bought fabric on line for a long time and always been happy. Want a tip? I buy from www.fabric.com and love dealing from them. Their return policy is great. You can return free..Dottie1048