Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet >

Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet

Disappointed in Fabric Purchased via Internet

Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM

I too buy mostly online. I use fabric.com. connecting threads and Hancocks most frequently. I also use Joann's when I can find a good sale. Like today I bought a king sized Warm and Natural batting for 50% off. I'm not making that big of a quilt but I can cut out the sizes I need and at that price I couldn't pass it up. I have only once been disappointed with a fabric from online but can use it for backing so I kept it.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:49 PM

I've had good luck with Connecting Threads and Fabric.com. I thought I had good luck with Keepsake Quilting until my last purchase. I've wanted the Stairway to Cat Heaven pattern from Quiltmaker for some time. I got an email saying that I could buy the kit for so much off so I jumped at it. The kit arrived and the fabrics were ugly. In addition, I didn't get the pattern. To be fair, I didn't read the fine print which said that you didn't get the pattern. It turns out that Keepsake Quilting puts the kits together for Quiltmaker and those magazines. I'm still waiting for my refund after I sent it back. I so sorry that you had a bad experience but like others here, I will probably buy online again. Sometimes, the only way to find the perfect fabric is to look/buy online.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I buy most of my fabric on line and havr been happy with the fabric and speed in which it was sent to me.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

sorry that happened i have always been pleased when i have ordered on line
Old 08-26-2011, 04:39 PM

Thanks, I will be checking them out!!!!

Eldene
Old 08-26-2011, 05:15 PM

That's a shame, because there are some great values available on the internet. I've never had a complaint (except that I didn't have enough money to buy all the fabric I wanted - but that's not the merchants' fault), but I stick to known manufacturers and designs/colors I've seen in person. I'm a little charry about selecting fabrics from lines I'm not familiar with. Some sites have better photos than others, and the colors are truer. You just have to select wisely. I know you're disappointed, but I hope you'll reconsider.

Some of the more reliable places I've ordered from are Eleanor Burns (eleanorburns.com & quiltinaday.com), Connecting Threads, fabric.com, thousandsofbolts.com, Missouri Star Quilt Co, rentedmulequilts.com, Pacific Rim Quilt Co, Cotton Patch Fabrics, and several other smaller ones whose names escape me right now.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Power Poster

I've had good luck with Hancocks of Paducah, as well as Connecting Threads and Quilt in a Day fabric. Once Hancocks sent the wrong fat quarters and instead I got some gorgeous fabrics. When I called to tell them, they apologized for the mistake, said they would reorder the fabric and when I asked about how to ship the fabric I received back, they told me to keep it. That's good customer service.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM

hi, quilt fanatic, do you mind telling me who you ordered from. i live in ardmore and sometimes order via net. just wondered...we quilters need to keep each other informed. pm me if you will, please. thanks, johnnye in ardmore.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

Oh sorry to hear that.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:40 PM

I ordered fabric on-line afer seeing a quilt in a current quilt magazine and searching for days on-line for a shop that carried the fabric line. When it arrived, It wasn't even close to the cors in mag. However, it was beatiful and I was and still thrilled with it. Tinker