Neighbor with beehive?!!?!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:28 PM

They don't look like bee boxes to me. I think they're money boxes, full, because your neighbor doesn't trust banks
Old 08-26-2011, 09:19 PM

They look like drawers to a dresser. Maybe they are going to paint them ??
Old 08-26-2011, 09:36 PM

I know how difficult it can be communicating with people whose language is different from ours. My dm lives in low cost housing and the majority of the other occupants are from the Ukraine, Russia, etc. Sometimes I have misunderstood their looks to be grumpy, standoffish and difficult. I have had to keep trying in order to break down their walls and become friendly. Some people come from areas of the world where it was dangerous to be too friendly. Friends turn friends in to the government, survival instincts often bring out the worst in all of us. Then they come to this country and all the rules of engagement and social interaction are different. I would take a plate of cookies over and try to strike up a friendly rapport. It has worked with my Mom. I wish you good luck.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:58 PM
Banned

Okay I am going to toss this out here for the heck of it.............What if they are bee boxes and you find out that your county has no problem with folks having bee hives in their back yards. Now what do you do? And I noticed that the neighbor friend of yours suggested that you call the county and report them, didnt that raise the red flag for you?

You need to see where you stand before you call the county because it can really backfire on you. From what I can tell they can see in your yard as easily as you can theirs and if they find out it was you that called they can watch you like a hawk until you drop the ball. I know in my county if you have a swimming pool you have to have a separate fence going around the pool to keep short folks from sneaking in and drowning. And it has to be a privacy type of fence if you can see it from another property or the street. Also if you have the pool or an out building to close to the property line they will make you move it. My neighbor is retired from code enforcement here in our county and he said that if a whiny neighbor called in about something trivial that he would look to see if they were breaking any rules and make them have to fix the problems on their property for wasting his time.

I will tell you like I used to tell my district managers all of the time, "When the $&@% hits the fan it is never evenly distributed"

Billy
Old 08-27-2011, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Okay I am going to toss this out here for the heck of it.............What if they are bee boxes and you find out that your county has no problem with folks having bee hives in their back yards. Now what do you do? And I noticed that the neighbor friend of yours suggested that you call the county and report them, didnt that raise the red flag for you?

You need to see where you stand before you call the county because it can really backfire on you. From what I can tell they can see in your yard as easily as you can theirs and if they find out it was you that called they can watch you like a hawk until you drop the ball. I know in my county if you have a swimming pool you have to have a separate fence going around the pool to keep short folks from sneaking in and drowning. And it has to be a privacy type of fence if you can see it from another property or the street. Also if you have the pool or an out building to close to the property line they will make you move it. My neighbor is retired from code enforcement here in our county and he said that if a whiny neighbor called in about something trivial that he would look to see if they were breaking any rules and make them have to fix the problems on their property for wasting his time.

I will tell you like I used to tell my district managers all of the time, "When the $&@% hits the fan it is never evenly distributed"

Billy
Wow Billy....this is the most sensible response I have read to this sort of problem. Code enforcement can be a real tricky issue, but I had never given consideration to the code enforcement officer looking at the "whiny" neighbors for violation. Seems all the other suggestions about taking a plate of cookies and trying to get to know them, even with the language barrier, is a most reasonable approach.

And I agree, when that fan sprays, everyone gets hit!!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:26 AM

get a life.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

I agree with several of the replies, go over and ask before you call the Police or whomever on them. Living that close together, I would try diplomacy first. Even with a language barrier, they must be able to speak at least some English. I don't recall seeing any beehives like those, but I'm not an expert.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:15 PM

We had a problem with bees/wasps one year in So. Calif. We had an above ground swimming pool, and this one year we were just dive-bombed every time we went near it. After mentioning it to the neighbor she said she had gotten an empty beer keg from someone that she was going to make something out of - - - it turns out, residue in the beer keg was calling them. We quickly solved that problem in that the keg was cleaned out and the hole plugged, and a happy ending. :-)

Marysewfun
Old 08-27-2011, 12:57 PM

OH MY GOODNESS, PECKISH,

You sure did open a real hornets nest of opinions.

I can tell You that having an angry neighbor is an awful way to live. Nothing can return your Peace of mind till that neighbor moves away.....I am still waiting here. We didn't even do anything to this woman who used to be my friend. she got sick and it affected her mind and she focused on us. this all started in 1990. We are still dealing with this woman. She calls the '' authorities '' for any little things that she thinks is wrong. Even the town is tired of dealing with her.

I think a lot of people here, on the board , are trying to prevent You from having to deal with a difficult situation. It could last a long time and steal Your pleasure of living in your own home.

Not everyone words their opinions in the same way. Not everyone receives an opinion in the same way. I am a sensitive person and might get hurt feelings by the words someone uses to ...." help me".

I am amazed by how many people are here to ...as I see it... HELP YOU . Some do sound angry to me too. But that's life. People are differet. Someone said that this IS a public forum. They are right . You do have to be prepared when You stick your neck out like this .

I personally would also try the kindist, most neighborly way to start with . Like You said--- ask your son's friend to help. Then go from there.

I wish You PEACE.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:35 PM

Maybe they are boxes of fabric. :lol: