The HELP movie......

Old 08-30-2011, 05:02 AM

I'm looking for the book, The Help. I've read all of VC Andrews series, all to do with children. She had an imagination when it came to writing about children. All, of which, could have been actual lives of children....makes me wonder. I wanted to see The Help this weekend but now, since I do remember how much the movie and book differed, I'm read the book first. I read Flowers in the Attic, there were actually 5 books in that series. I read them all several times.

Let me know what you think???
Chat later,
Babs ________________________________________

Originally Posted by Airwick156
Originally Posted by Patti Mahoney
Which was better, the book or the movie??

I read V. C. Andrews's Flowers in the Attic series back in the late 1970's and the book was soooo much more detailed and alot better than the movie. I don't usually read the books and watch the movies since then. I was really disappointed in the movie after reading the book first.

I think I'm going to look online and buy the book now. Lets see if it's better or not.

What do you all think???
What book are you going to buy? Flowers in the attic series? I read that series probably 5 times. True the movie Sucked really bad.

Right now I am reading The Twilight Saga again for probably the 5th or 6th time. And I've watched the movies umpteen times too.

My daughter just finished reading Flowers in the attic about a month ago too.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:04 AM

I gave my whole collection of VC Andrews books away a few years ago. Sorry i did that.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Power Poster

I read The Help last year and loved it. Glad they made it into a movie. Haven't seen it yet but hear it's good.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:14 AM

I have read the book and loved it. Would love to see the movie but I don't want to go alone, can't find anyone interested in going with me!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by daisyboo9
I have read the book and loved it. Would love to see the movie but I don't want to go alone, can't find anyone interested in going with me!
Oh my - sorry to hear that! I love going to the first showing by myself. Usually about 3-4 ladies doing the same thing and it feels like a private showing! Try the first matinee and see if that's better that a big full theater.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:46 AM

Saw the movie the weekend it came out, reading the book now. Loved the movie and enjoying the book. I've come to the conclusion that I will always see the movie before reading the book because when I do it the other way I am always disappointed in the movie.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 AM

I read the book first and loved it - found the movie followed the book quite nicely & was glad I went.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
I read the book first and loved it - found the movie followed the book quite nicely & was glad I went.
I agree. Loved the book and loved the movie. Funny, I cried during the movie, but not when reading the book. I guess it is because I saw the actors crying. My sister wanted to know why I didn't tell her to bring tissues, and I told her the book wasn't a tear-jerker. And the movie was packed. I have never seen that theatre that full.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

I thought the movie was better on this one...seeing the people, you really FELT what was going on....really fantastic...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:16 AM

The Help book was definately better than the movie!!!! If I had seen the movie without reading the book, I'm not sure I could have followed the story line as well. A lot of significant scenes were left out of the movie.