Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can someone identify the names of these for me? >

Can someone identify the names of these for me?

Can someone identify the names of these for me?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Originally Posted by wattse2000
Who are these people that make quilt tops and sell them in garage sales or give them to thrift stores???!!!
My mom and I were talking about this today. She crochets all the time and I do not care for afghans so I told her when she passes I will donate them or pass them along. I have more than I need and some from her. The same with her quilts I have more than I need and some from way back I am sure my kids will not treasure them (5 boys) so whatever will be will be. I am sure there is someone that will be happy to have them. I can not keep all of them.
Don't count out the boy's interest until you have become acquainted with their wives at whatever point they enter the picture. Much of my love of quilting came from my husband's mother and I inherited all of her UFO's, patterns, fabrics, etc.
I have 2 DIL and either one will want some of my quilts when I am gone. Just something to think about.
Happy Quilting.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:56 PM

Number 1 is Kaleidoscope.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by moreland
Who are these people that make quilt tops and sell them in garage sales or give them to thrift stores???!!!
My mom and I were talking about this today. She crochets all the time and I do not care for afghans so I told her when she passes I will donate them or pass them along. I have more than I need and some from her. The same with her quilts I have more than I need and some from way back I am sure my kids will not treasure them (5 boys) so whatever will be will be. I am sure there is someone that will be happy to have them. I can not keep all of them.
Don't count out the boy's interest until you have become acquainted with their wives at whatever point they enter the picture. Much of my love of quilting came from my husband's mother and I inherited all of her UFO's, patterns, fabrics, etc.
I have 2 DIL and either one will want some of my quilts when I am gone. Just something to think about.
Happy Quilting.
Mom makes them all quilts and afghans they have many, Yes of course they will get them if they want them. My two granddaughters are learing to quilt and sew and they will also get their pick of my stash and quilts. We have a lot of places to donate also, homeless shelters are a great place to donate so what is not chosen will go there for sure.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki Anne
Originally Posted by MrsGuava
Is #3 called the churndash?
that's what I call it
No. 3 is Monkey Wrench. Although it is similar to Churn Dash, if you look up the 2 patterns, you will find they differ more than is obvious at first glance.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned

Oh Donna,
This just brakes my heart, I have 3 boys and I have always crocheted them afgains for gifts, and they have treasured them, my middle son told me one year that that was the best gift he has ever gotten and what he looked forward to every Christmas, now that I am learning to quilt, they are all waiting for me to get on the ball and make them a quilt, I just could not do it last year, just to many thing hit me all at once. Now I just about have my sewing room done, so will be quilting again, last yr Jenniepenny sent me a quilt for my Bd and I will treasure it for the rest of my life. My heart goes out to you, you do beautiful work.
GOD bless.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:53 AM

MyMother and I hva also talked about this. We both quilt. We have family and friends who have been there forus in some really hard times, some good times and just the "when are we getting together times.......Everyone has picked out their favorite, Mother has them and we get to enjoy them. When she is no longer with us, they will go home with some one who will love and cherish them. We did have 1 boo-boo though. When I was able to be with my cousin, the one she wanted was already gone to another cousin. We didn't know about her desire because she didnot speak up. She is scanning the rest though. She will speak up this time.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 AM

I've never seen #4 by any of those names. That's so cool! I know it as a Stairway to Heaven. I've made and received a few of those.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM

I'm so glad those quilts found your loving and talented home. It's almost like quilt rescue (instead of animal rescue)Keep up the good work.
jean
Old 09-09-2011, 06:58 PM

My grandmother called #2 a tumbling star.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:00 PM

great ind