Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sunbonnet Sue Wears the trousers. >

Sunbonnet Sue Wears the trousers.

Sunbonnet Sue Wears the trousers.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 PM

Darling! Did you enter the Sun Bonnet Sue contest from the AQS? I will be attending the AQS show here in Des Moines later this month. The quilts will be displayed there. I am really looking forward to the show. One of the judges of the SBS contest is the author of International Sunbonnet Sue, Dbra Kimball, M.D. She lives here in the Des Moines area. I will be in the class she and Angela Lawrence are teaching about SBS.

If you entered, I hope you do well in the contest
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 AM
Anonymous

Originally Posted by angelheartiowa
Darling! Did you enter the Sun Bonnet Sue contest from the AQS? I will be attending the AQS show here in Des Moines later this month. The quilts will be displayed there. I am really looking forward to the show. One of the judges of the SBS contest is the author of International Sunbonnet Sue, Dbra Kimball, M.D. She lives here in the Des Moines area. I will be in the class she and Angela Lawrence are teaching about SBS.

I haven't heard of this competition. I have only judt done the quilt and suddenly discovered all the SS fans out there. I am currently on my third on, posting the second this week.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sunburst

I haven't heard of this competition. I have only judt done the quilt and suddenly discovered all the SS fans out there. I am currently on my third on, posting the second this week.
Can't wait to see it!!! :-D :-D :-D
Old 09-09-2011, 11:57 AM

Sorry about the double posting. I didn't see the first one and thought I hadn't sent it. :-(
Old 09-09-2011, 03:00 PM

They are just fabulous
Old 09-09-2011, 03:28 PM

very cute! I love it!
Old 09-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Am I correct that the dog is in a different pose in each square? Sori think I'm becoming obsessed.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:10 PM

The competition is posted on the American Quilters Society website. I think that it is like this week that the entries had to be received by.
Originally Posted by Janis

Can't wait to see it!!! :-D :-D :-D
Old 09-09-2011, 07:36 PM

I thought any Sunbonnet Sue devotees might like my latest offering.

Find it at http://quiltaholic.wordpress.com. if you want to see the whole quilt.

Here are some samples.
Your quilts are great! I couldn't find the dancing women pattern which I find delightful. I did find the sunbonnet sue and appreciate your kind sharing.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Anonymous

Originally Posted by zoeytoo
I thought any Sunbonnet Sue devotees might like my latest offering.

Find it at http://quiltaholic.wordpress.com. if you want to see the whole quilt.

Here are some samples.
Your quilts are great! I couldn't find the dancing women pattern which I find delightful. I did find the sunbonnet sue and appreciate your kind sharing.
If you mean the dancers quilt on my blog - look in the second paragraph after the last picture of the pink quilt. There is a link there labelled 'Dancers link in case you can't find it.' This takes you straight to the page on A J Padilla with the dance quilt pattern. You do have to join her site though to get it. From memory it isn't too expensive ( I see it's $30) and you get access to hundreds of patterns.
The only drawback is that she only prints the EQ design, not a finished quilt. However, she puts so many new ones on there I doubt she would have time to make them all. Anyway, if you want it that's the place to get it.