Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is it about the quilting bug?? >

What is it about the quilting bug??

What is it about the quilting bug??

Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Help!! I've got it too (the quilt bug). I have even been called a fanatic!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:59 AM

I too have been toying with the idea of selling my black mid-size grand for years. I've had it for twenty seven years and it is still in mint condition. If I sell it than I will probably miss it not being in my living room since it is only a decorative piece as I cannot play anymore due to arthritis. However, my grandchildren like to tinker with it and that makes me happy. Good luck on your decision.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:03 AM

keep the piano, I gave my organ away and sorry I did, some days I still want to go play it.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:16 AM

Your right it must be in the fabric.
Maybe you can use the piano for a quilting tool, got to be some way to do it. Lots of storage space under it. How about as a quilt display?
I tried doing some crochet that I had loved for years but just could not finish it, quilting has me hooked.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 AM

I have the bug too and sometimes my husband hates it. I have to really fight the bug in the summer. Unless I have a project that has to get done I don't quilt in the summer. My husband and I do our "other" hobby in the summer. We have "show cars" and go to several car shows during the summer. We always have a blast and my husband takes me to every quilt shop along the way.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 AM
nab

Originally Posted by joy
Don't sell your piano... there will be a day when you would love to play a tune... believe me !!!
I agree. Do not sell your piano. I have times when I do not want to quilt. Yes I said that. I go back to some of my other hobbies. Then I go back to quilting. Do not burn all your bridges to your other hobbies.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:18 AM

I agree Don't Sell the piano. I did ceramics, copper tooling, leather tooling, copper enameling and still have all my "stuff" to do it. I do my quilting in my studio where all this is, pieceing is done in my wreak-room, thus called because it is always a wreak. But when I do go to the studio to quilt I miss the other and will do more sometime. Only problem I have is the supplier I did business with for my ceramic supplies has closed. So when I use up what I have I don't know what I will do. But with all the quilts I have to do that will be awhile yet.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 AM

As posted on another subject, I sometimes all I do is quilt for months on end and then "hit a wall" and don't feel like doing it any more. I then turn to other things I enjoy -- one or another kind of embroidery, crocheting, reading, writing, putting photo albums together (the old-fashioned way!). Please don't sell your piano!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 AM

If there's a cure I don't want it.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter
In the last few years I have become die-hard quilter and I love it! I had a 5 octave harp I used to play and finally sold it because I didn't really play it any more. I also used to play the piano and don't any more because every extra minute of time I have-I want to be quilting! I haven't sat down and played for a couple of years. I have been toying with the idea of selling my piano (I've been playing for 45 years) and I just walked by it and made up my mind-yes I wil sell it, I never play it because all I want to do is quilt! So what happens that quilting becomes so all consuming?? Is there a "Q" in our DNA?,do Janome, Phaff, Bernina, and Viking find out where we live and put something in the water?? Are they in cahoots with Joanns, Connecting Threads, and Fabric. com?? :?: What do you think? :-D :-D :-D

All of the above!