Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is it about the quilting bug?? >

What is it about the quilting bug??

What is it about the quilting bug??

Old 09-11-2011, 01:26 PM

In the last few years I have become die-hard quilter and I love it! I had a 5 octave harp I used to play and finally sold it because I didn't really play it any more. I also used to play the piano and don't any more because every extra minute of time I have-I want to be quilting! I haven't sat down and played for a couple of years. I have been toying with the idea of selling my piano (I've been playing for 45 years) and I just walked by it and made up my mind-yes I wil sell it, I never play it because all I want to do is quilt! So what happens that quilting becomes so all consuming?? Is there a "Q" in our DNA?,do Janome, Phaff, Bernina, and Viking find out where we live and put something in the water?? Are they in cahoots with Joanns, Connecting Threads, and Fabric. com?? :?: What do you think? :-D :-D :-D
Old 09-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter
In the last few years I have become die-hard quilter and I love it! I had a 5 octave harp I used to play and finally sold it because I didn't really play it any more. I also used to play the piano and don't any more because every extra minute of time I have-I want to be quilting! I haven't sat down and played for a couple of years. I have been toying with the idea of selling my piano (I've been playing for 45 years) and I just walked by it and made up my mind-yes I wil sell it, I never play it because all I want to do is quilt! So what happens that quilting becomes so all consuming?? Is there a "Q" in our DNA?,do Janome, Phaff, Bernina, and Viking find out where we live and put something in the water?? Are they in cahoots with Joanns, Connecting Threads, and Fabric. com?? :?: What do you think? :-D :-D :-D
When it finds you, the bug burrows in, under the skin and hides, busily infecting you all over!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

when I have a "bad" lesson, my piano teacher tells me that I've been quilting too much.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:32 PM

And once you've got it you NEVER get rid of it!!!!!
Old 09-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Oh, I would gladly trade you ALL my sewing/crafty genes for the ability to play the piano. But if you don't play, then someone else can be blessed with your piano.

Hmmm... if Janome et al. can put something in the water, maybe Spic n Span could come to my house and put something in my water here. My house could use a good cleaning! :lol:
Old 09-11-2011, 01:46 PM

I went through a phase where all I did was quilt and ignored my other interests (flute, keyboard, reading among others) Now I find that things are balancing out and sometimes my other hobbies are a break from quilting (have had wrist issues and no desire to develop carpal tunnel) and sometimes it's the other way around.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:57 PM
joy

Don't sell your piano... there will be a day when you would love to play a tune... believe me !!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by joy
Don't sell your piano... there will be a day when you would love to play a tune... believe me !!!
I agree.. it would be sad to see it go... you have such a gift!! Don't do anything hasty....music is such a stress reliever!!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:15 PM

Ah, the quilt bug. I was born with it and once I started it took over. But I agree with the others here: don't sell your piano just yet. I don't know how long you've been quilting, but for the first year or so I found myself doing a lot of quilting, then it evened out a bit more. You might regret getting rid of the piano, especially as you have been playing for so long.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:22 PM

Maybe it's a conspiracy :):):)