Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is it about the quilting bug?? >

What is it about the quilting bug??

What is it about the quilting bug??

Old 09-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I'm convinced our fabrics are treated with a magic addicting substance. All you have to do is fondle them to 'get it'. :hunf:
:-D

Jan in VA
:thumbup:
Old 09-11-2011, 06:22 PM

Murphy-I love your avatar- It looks like you are playing in the woods!
Old 09-11-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Montana Quilter
In the last few years I have become die-hard quilter and I love it! I had a 5 octave harp I used to play and finally sold it because I didn't really play it any more. I also used to play the piano and don't any more because every extra minute of time I have-I want to be quilting!
I know what you mean, and I'm only on my third quilt! I have a whole bassinet full of yarn and about a dozen half finished knitting projects and suddenly I'm just not that enthusiastic about it anymore. I don't know what happened. The only craft I want to work on anymore is quilting ...
Old 09-11-2011, 10:06 PM

I have been bitten by the quilting bug and also the old Singer collecting bug too. But now I have put the brakes on and am going to make a big hole in my stash AND use the old Singer faithfuls to do it!!
Old 09-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
And once you've got it you NEVER get rid of it!!!!!
"NEVER EVER"

:thumbup:
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 AM

I love piano. Me personally I wouldn't sell it. I don't play much anymore either, but you may want to a few years down the line, so you may regret selling it
Old 09-12-2011, 04:18 AM

In the last few years I have become die-hard quilter and I love it! I had a 5 octave harp I used to play and finally sold it because I didn't really play it any more. I also used to play the piano and don't any more because every extra minute of time I have-I want to be quilting! I haven't sat down and played for a couple of years. I have been toying with the idea of selling my piano (I've been playing for 45 years) and I just walked by it and made up my mind-yes I wil sell it, I never play it because all I want to do is quilt! So what happens that quilting becomes so all consuming?? Is there a "Q" in our DNA?,do Janome, Phaff, Bernina, and Viking find out where we live and put something in the water?? Are they in cahoots with Joanns, Connecting Threads, and Fabric. com?? :?: What do you think? :-D :-D :-D
Too funny!!!! I have been sewing for over 60 years and only quilting for maybe 5 years. My mother never quilted, she thought it was too "frivolous". My neighbor got me started. I just counted yesterday and I have a stack of 6 quilts I have completed this year, plus all the charity ones I have sent off. Someone asked me what I was going to do with those quilts, my reply was that I was just going to look at them and be amazed that I did them myself. They are not fancy designs, but they came from my hands. Kinda like my children now. And I plan to make many more. It has become my obsession! We artists just have to create, kinda like painters can't stop painting canvasses.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:49 AM

Is there a "Q" in our DNA?
:lol: So funny! But it certainly does seem to be the case. Is it normal to not be able to stop thinking of quilty things? Or to insert quilt talk into conversations with uninfected people? We had a large dinner for company yesterday and when my SILs and I got into an animated conversation about the attachments on sewing machines, half the people at the table began to get glazed over eyes. But they all have their enthusiasms too. And that makes everyone even more interesting!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

If I had musical talent I wouldn't let it go!!!
One thing I loved about the Marx brothers movies was they always had a part where Harpo played the harp and Chico played the piano. Love it!!!
Don't get me wrong- I'm a total quilt addict but if you have music in your life don't let it go!!!!!!!! :D
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 AM

I can sure relate to you Montana Quilter because I walk right by my piano and organ on my way to my quilting room. I play several hymns on the organ a couple of times a week but haven't touch the piano for two years.