Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sad, but ......... >

Sad, but .........

Sad, but .........

Old 09-14-2011, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Awww, so sad. I'm sorry for the family. You got a lot of good answers. I'm sharing something I did here:
When I made my parents an album quilt I had all four of us sign it and add sentiments, along with their 9 grandchildren.
My parents lost their last child, my little brother at birth.
I had to find a place for him. So I put an angel applique with his name and date on it. They loved it :)
You'll figure something out.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by jmabby
I had two nephews, twins, born early, one died yesterday. I had started to make a wall hanging of Noah's ark with "They come two by two". Would you still give it or would you just make another wall hanging not mentioning the little boy that died??
as someone who has lost a child, I think you should go ahead and give it to them. The child may be in heaven but the child is still their child.

verna2197
Old 09-14-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by jmabby
I had two nephews, twins, born early, one died yesterday. I had started to make a wall hanging of Noah's ark with "They come two by two". Would you still give it or would you just make another wall hanging not mentioning the little boy that died??
SOMETHING ELSE IT IS JUST TOO SAD I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR FAMILY MY GOD BLESS AND HOLD YOU AND YOUR FAMILY IN HIS BIG HANDS
Old 09-14-2011, 04:06 AM

That's so hard. So sorry for the loss. It's a very difficult situation. Everyone is so different in how they grieve. Trust your heart and talk with other family members. Prayers to you and your family.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 AM

Such a sad delima! I think I would go ahead and give it to her. You both planned on two children. And the living child is still connected to his twin.Even though one is in heaven and one is with his mama, they will always be connected.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:14 AM

I haven't had time to read all the responses but remember the angel twin in some way will really make the mom "happy". I'm a mother to triplets and know of many triplet, twin mom's who have lost one of their children and the hardest thing they run into besides the loss is that people "forget" the child who even though might have only been around for a short while, still did exist. She will always be a mom to twins with one in heaven looking down on them.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:20 AM

Noah's Ark is the story of God's covenant with His people. The rainbow is a symbol of His promise to never destroy the earth by flood and that He prevails. His mercy and grace is a gift. All children are a gift. I say honor the memory of the lost child. His sibling will carry the imprint of his brother. He will remember his other half. Please send my love to the family.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by sweetana3
I would make sure there was a wonderful rainbow and one dove flying. I agree with the others to go with your feelings and knowledge of the mother. It does not need to be a surprise.
Totally agree ..........
Old 09-14-2011, 04:31 AM

so sad, i wouldn't know what to do.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I would still make it. I have a friend that lost one of her twins (they were born at 27 weeks) and she said that the thing that hurt the most was that people didn't acknowledge the baby that died. She believed that they were doing it because they didn't want to cause her additional pain or upset. The fact of the matter is that the other baby did exist and is loved as much as the one that survived.
This is what I have heard too. So sad :cry: