Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help... TOTALLY different tastes... No ideas what to do. >

Need help... TOTALLY different tastes... No ideas what to do.

Need help... TOTALLY different tastes... No ideas what to do.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM

yes, I am working on a t-shirt quilt right now. My niece asked for pink and black. Now, first of all, I hate pink! But, to put it with black, is even harder for me, let alone combine that with multi-colored t-shirts. However.......After I got it all put together, it does look really nice. (I still dont like pink)
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 AM

I have just looked at two different zig-zag patterns. These would work, and I could still get my brighter colors in there! Thanks for the idea.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by fivepaws
Yes, my niece wanted a Gee's Bend in red, black and white for her newborn. I hated every minute of it.
I had to smile at this! I totally love reds and blacks... for babies! I use an awful lot of black with brights!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Yes, I have had to do some in high contrast which was hard. BUT I was very happy with the finished product. Actually, I like that fabric and you can put the pink, green, and blue with it. I'll go find the round robin that was done in those dainty colors. Maybe you can find inspiration there.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-59682-27.htm
What a beautiful quilt! Love the colors here... Oh my. I may be changing my mind and decide I will like this! Thank you for sharing, and that is a beautiful quilt!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by mhansen6
I know exactly how you feel. My daughter picked what I though were weird colors for my GD's nursery. Pink and brown. I found out later these colors are all the rage. We couldn't decide on fabric so I went and bought the window valences that were part of the nursery collection she wanted. I took them apart and went and bought fabric to go with it and made a quilt. You can see it in my avatar, my granddaughter is sitting on it. It turned out really nice. Made us both happy.
She actually looked at some pink/chocolate stripes! If I had been prepared with a certain pattern in mind, it would have helped me so much! I just wasn't (still am not) prepared with a pattern picked out. Pink/chocolate ARE very popular now though.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by bebe
churn dash, pin wheel,
dresden plate, sampler quilt
I am working on a 3D pinwheel, and I love it! That would work... Plus, I love a churn dash block!

OK folks, my little pea brain is starting to work...slowly, yes, but at least you all have gotten it to work again!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL
I think that a keepsake baby quilt should not be a small version of a regular adult quilt pattern, but something that a child would relate to not only in color but in pattern. That implies that the pattern would be juvenile. The Editors and Contributors of Quiltmaker Magazine has printed a book called Tuck Me In which gives the patterns for 18 cute and cuddly quilts for kids. It is sold on Amazon. These are wonderful patterns. Something that would be prized not only because of who made the quilt but because of the delightful pattern appropriate to a child.
Thanks for his heads up about another baby quilt book. I mainly do baby quilts now because they finish up faster and I hand quilt them. Will definitely have to check this out!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by amazon
Here is a pretty quilt that might work with the fabric she chose.Good luck :thumbup: http://www.goddessinprogressblog.com...6/for-mallory/
You're the second person (one in private message) to send me this link! Really nice quilt, and it looks so easy. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by catmcclure
Somewhere I downloaded this photo and labeled it "Heartsafloat". Can't locate it on the web. It would be gorgeous to use the fabric as the background and the solids in a quilt like this.
I LOVE this! Easy, would work with the colors, I LOVE pinwheels... Could not go wrong with this... Plus, I had bought some fat quarters of the colors that were in the fabric she liked when we were shopping ... May not be enough of those, but I think it would work.

Ya'll are getting my mind going now. I don't feel lost and helpless any more. I was really feeling bus left!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:16 AM

how about a french braid quilt of the solid colors in rows with this fabric between the rows and for the border? or a pinwheel quilt or a twister quilt? those would all be pretty using this fabric with coordinates.