favorite author?

Old 09-18-2011, 07:00 AM

I love a good who dunnit and the Brits are very good at it. Just read an Anne Perry one about one of her favorite characters, Det.Superindendet Monk. She's written numerous books about him and also a husband/wife team who solve mysteries. Both series take place in chilly, damp and foggy London in the 1850s. Also like James Lee Burke who writes of the complex life of Det. Dave Robicheaux in New Orleans and environs. Just ask me six months from now and I'll have a new list.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 AM

Oh gosh yes, how could I forget? I loveeeeeee James Lee Burke books. A good mystery writer but always with some humor and good swamp talk. I especially love his books on audio.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by kit'smamma
I love a good who dunnit and the Brits are very good at it. Just read an Anne Perry one about one of her favorite characters, Det.Superindendet Monk. She's written numerous books about him and also a husband/wife team who solve mysteries. Both series take place in chilly, damp and foggy London in the 1850s. Also like James Lee Burke who writes of the complex life of Det. Dave Robicheaux in New Orleans and environs. Just ask me six months from now and I'll have a new list.
Did you read the Superintendent Monk from the beginning? That first one! Like all of Burke. He is a poet writing prose.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Oh gosh yes, how could I forget? I loveeeeeee James Lee Burke books. A good mystery writer but always with some humor and good swamp talk. I especially love his books on audio.
Oh, yes! the narrator is the main character, Robichieaux (sp?).
Old 09-18-2011, 10:21 AM

I was born & raised in Orlando. Kissimmee used to be a small town. Have you been to othe Monument of States? Everytime I go back to Orlando I try and stop by.[/quote]

While they are laying off librarians in the county, the city is spending a fortune re-doing the lake front (including taking out most of the beautiful old shade trees. Right now it is sort of hard to find the Monument, but have visited it often.[/quote]

When I was down in July 2009 they were doing construction and my grandaughter & I could not get to close to the monument Several of the streets were blocked. Hopefully I can get down sometime before the end of the year.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Oh goodness there are so many! I love Jodi Picoult and literally own everything she has ever written but I am also a big sucker for romance like Nora Roberts, Catherine Anderson and Lisa Kleypas. And now I'm into Charlaine Harris and the whole Sookie Stackhouse thing!!
Old 09-18-2011, 10:32 AM

Well, I have a couple Sandra Brown, Janet Evanovich Nora Roberts.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by patsyo56721
I was born & raised in Orlando. Kissimmee used to be a small town. Have you been to othe Monument of States? Everytime I go back to Orlando I try and stop by.
While they are laying off librarians in the county, the city is spending a fortune re-doing the lake front (including taking out most of the beautiful old shade trees. Right now it is sort of hard to find the Monument, but have visited it often.[/quote]

When I was down in July 2009 they were doing construction and my grandaughter & I could not get to close to the monument Several of the streets were blocked. Hopefully I can get down sometime before the end of the year.[/quote]

Should be much better then. Let me know when you will be here!
Old 09-18-2011, 12:45 PM

I have more than one, but the top of the list would have to include Stephen King, James Patterson and Dean Koontz. Also, love the Jennifer Chiverini series as well as Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich to name a few.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:38 PM

I love Jodi Thomas. She lives in
and writes stories about Texas, mostly in the 1800's.
A few books are in current days. I especially like The Tender
Texan. She also has several interesting series that depict the
lives of families. Rose