Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group

Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 AM

Thanks Havplenty for pointing out the pic of AngieS's beautiful blocks on her design wall/floor! Love them. Yes, I did see this previously but forgot.

It looks so good!

Originally Posted by AngieS
Those of you that haven't received your blocks from me...they are all in the mail and should get to you soon. I hope you like what I made for you. I enjoyed being in the swap with you all. Thank you. I will figure up what I am missing and post later. I have lots of pictures to post too. There are 28 blocks here but one person sent 2. So....I'm still missing blocks from a few people. I can't wait to get them. This is how the quilt will be going together. I won't be doing a sashing because I can't find a color that looks good. White is blah, cream is almost ok but I don't particularly care for it, black makes the blocks that have black in them lose the pop. I have the same fabric in each of the blocks so they are all tied together in that sense. So.....I just need a few more and plus I am making some to go in it as well. This way I can do a 6x6 with some borders. :)
Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 AM

Thanks. ;)
Old 09-19-2011, 12:44 PM

Got 2 more blocks today from Jennifer22206 and Suzanne. Thanks, ladies, they're both lovely!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM

Got a gorgeous block in the mail today from Quiltin'gran. Love it. Thank you very much. Love that moss green.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:08 PM

I got two very pretty ones today...thanks KarenPatrick and quiltin'gran
Old 09-19-2011, 06:31 PM

I don't have a design wall. I had to use the floor. ;) I will post another one when I get my other blocks in. I love how they all look together. ;)
Just get a flannel backed plastic tablecloth and hang it on the wall with painter's tape when you need a design wall... easy up - easy down and you're blocks will stick to the flannel!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:54 PM

i used foam board taped to my wall. how long with the blocks stay up on the flannel fabric without any help?

i know mine probably won't stay long because my furbabies are intriqued by my hanging blocks and jump up to knock them down. gotta love curious pets. :-)

Originally Posted by MFQS
I don't have a design wall. I had to use the floor. ;) I will post another one when I get my other blocks in. I love how they all look together. ;)
Just get a flannel backed plastic tablecloth and hang it on the wall with painter's tape when you need a design wall... easy up - easy down and you're blocks will stick to the flannel!
Old 09-19-2011, 07:55 PM

Thanks for the ideas. Right now I don't have a large wall to even do that with. LOL We are still working on our addition to our house. Can't wait for that to be done. ;)
Old 09-20-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i used foam board taped to my wall. how long with the blocks stay up on the flannel fabric without any help?

i know mine probably won't stay long because my furbabies are intriqued by my hanging blocks and jump up to knock them down. gotta love curious pets. :-)

Originally Posted by MFQS
Flannel works well or... use a piece of batting. Once you "pat" them on they're pretty well up there until you remove them.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:25 AM

JudyVA, I got your block from Havplenty yesterday. Thanks so much!