Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Paducah? need help >

Paducah? need help

Paducah? need help

Old 09-27-2011, 05:21 PM

there is a quilt museum in Paducah. they change the quilts now and then there's always new ones so see,also antique quilts. My quilting buddies and I usually go in the spring when they have a quilt show but didn't get to go this year because Paducah had a lot of flooding , hope to go next year
Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 PM

GO girl. If you are driving you can even take your own machine. My husband and I rented a house by the ocean last year and I took my machine and had a great time while my hubby watched sports.

When your not at home you don't have to feel guilty about doing your chores
Old 09-27-2011, 06:27 PM

You just have to go. Have a good time.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:49 PM

find out about taking the train there and riding back with hubby.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Go you spent all your time you can with husband
Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM

By all means go, get in trouble, and enjoy yourself. You might not get a second chance to go so have fun for all of us.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM

GO! A good book on tape or CD will keep you company! I would love to the the opportunity. Take the chance and spend the time during the day being a quilting investigator and collector of new ideas and then spend the evening with your husband. WoW you care getting two for the price of one.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:27 AM

If, "ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!" GO-GO-GO
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 AM

Go! Life is too short to worry about the "too much to do here" part of your argument for not going. It will be one thing you can scratch off your bucket list!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 PM

Let me join everyone else in saying "GO!" I'm 71 and just returned from a road trip to Washington D.C. with my oldest daughter. When she asked if I would take her I agreed only if she would let me go to the quilt museum in Harrisonburg, VA and other quilt shops along the way. Granted I really didn't get to go to many quilt shops (they were closed as I passed them) BUT I did go to the museum and it was worth the time, the money, and the long drive. It was awesome! I left home while I was developing a respiratory infection but I called my physician and got anti-biotics to take on the way. The first day or two was tiring but I think the anticipation of seeing beautiful quilts was just the medicine I needed.

I've decided I'm too old to put off the things I want to do. My daughter sat in the car and crocheted and pouted while I went into the quilt and fabric shops in Harrisonburg. But that was HER problem--not mine. I had a blast. Now, after reading all this I'm planning a trip to Paducah but will go by myself this time and spend all day every day in the shops and restaurants you girls have so graciously suggested in your replies.

Keep the spark in your marriage when hubby is with you but get into all the quilting "trouble" you can afford while he is occupied with his work. You will be making memories for the years ahead when you can't do what you want to do. Never pass up what may never come around again.