OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 09-28-2011, 04:38 AM

I offered Spaghetti with Browned butter and mazithra cheese and french bread. Does anyone dislike Broccoli? I can make that as a side dish.
I will also bring Hazelnut coffee creamer for those who drink coffee.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:05 AM

Yea I think it is time for everyone to re post what food they are going to bring.Like we aren't going to have enough.I will bring coffee,creamer,sugar and splenda.I also will bring stuff to make biscuits and gravy and eggs Fri. and Sat. morning.With that I will bring butter,milk and spiced pear preserves I just made.
I emailed the house owner yesterday and will mail the check on Monday.I don't know what time check in is yet but I will let everyone know as soon as I do.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I'm back and trying to catch up. Went to Baker City for a Celebration of Life service for FIL. Service was very nice and it was great having all the kids there. I survived the SIL and only had to scream into a towel once. She tries my patience!!
Waved at Sandy on the way through The Dalles-
I am arriving at the retreat on Thursday with all of you. Now that life can return to normal I will get into my quilting room and figure out a project to bring along.
Girl time! Fun time! Looking forwIard to it!!
Alice, I sure wish you'd call or stop in when driving through. Our coffeepot/teapot/soft drinks are always plugged in hot/cold. Next time give us a call.

So sorry about your loss. It sure is hard to see our friends and family pass even tho we know they are going to heaven and we'll see them again! Hugs to you. I wish I could share my SIL with you. She and I were co-workers then friends for years before she and my brother dating married. The marriage lasted 20 years...our friendshare will last forever. I love her to death and feel very fortunate that she's a part of our family. She and brother remain close friends, too. I've never had to scream in a towel with her. I'm sorry your SIL makes you do that.

Enjoy the retreat. I'm sick that I can't go after all but next time.
Sandy
Old 09-28-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Yea I think it is time for everyone to re post what food they are going to bring.Like we aren't going to have enough.I will bring coffee,creamer,sugar and splenda.I also will bring stuff to make biscuits and gravy and eggs Fri. and Sat. morning.With that I will bring butter,milk and spiced pear preserves I just made.
I emailed the house owner yesterday and will mail the check on Monday.I don't know what time check in is yet but I will let everyone know as soon as I do.
I thought I would smoke a pork butt for pulled pork sandwiches. I'll furnish buns and bbq sauce. I am also going to bring a huckleberry crumb cake. Great with coffee in the morning or wonderful dessert. I'm sure between now and then I will think of something else to but right now that is for sure.

Let me know if anyone is allergic to nuts and I will leave them off the cake.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 PM

I will bring munchies
Old 09-28-2011, 05:10 PM

Just found out that Marissa my DIL is having a girl! Two in a row, can you believe that? WOW! Due 2/13/12
Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Just found out that Marissa my DIL is having a girl! Two in a row, can you believe that? WOW! Due 2/13/12
Cool, congrats on another girl.

My sons girlfriend was due on the 26th so we are in waiting mode for the delivery. If she doesn't have him by Saturday morning they are going to induce her.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Awwww, how wonderful Karen! A special Valentine for you all :-D
Old 09-28-2011, 07:21 PM

I found out from my boss today that my request for time off for the retreat is approved!! YAY!!

I have no idea what to bring so if any of you have any suggestions, I'm all ears! The only thing I'm allergic to is shitake mushrooms.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:39 PM

Woo Hoo!! The more the Merrier!!!! :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
:thumbup: :XD: :thumbup: