OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 PM

I'll be arriving on Thursday as well. I'm in St. Helens if anyone else is from around this area and wants to carpool, let me know. I'm up the street from the Burgerville.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 PM

I finally found the thread and you said that you and I are new friends. Yes---

I looked up the house on the web site. It is darling and where do the sewing machines go? Do I bring my own table and if I do, where would my table go? Maybe there is a room there that I am missing.

After reading a few pages of the thread, I need to get on the stick. My husband is up at 4 AM tomorrow to do business in Montana. He will be back late at night and Friday we both go different directions. I might have to get up at 4 AM. Drat! I am off to bed.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Judy,
We set the machines up wherever we can! No worries, lol.

I will throw a couple of 4 foot folding tables in my car and a couple of folding chairs so we should be fine.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Thanks and night night
Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by JudyJ
I finally found the thread and you said that you and I are new friends. Yes---

I looked up the house on the web site. It is darling and where do the sewing machines go? Do I bring my own table and if I do, where would my table go? Maybe there is a room there that I am missing.

After reading a few pages of the thread, I need to get on the stick. My husband is up at 4 AM tomorrow to do business in Montana. He will be back late at night and Friday we both go different directions. I might have to get up at 4 AM. Drat! I am off to bed.
Judy,
You won't have any problems finding a place for a sewing machine. I will be bringing a couple of power strips to keep trailing cords to a minimum and there are others that bring tables as well.
I too get up at 4am with Hubby.(what we do for our men) LOLOL!!!!
Well off to work for me, have a great day ladies and stay safe.

:XD: :XD:
Old 09-29-2011, 06:07 AM

This is getting more exciting! Congratulations Karen! It looks like you will be making another pink blanket!?!

Valsma is your quilt finished for your new one too? Congratulations to you-how many grandbabies do you have?

I'll bring plates, napkins and WINE of course! Not sure what else yet. I too have a small travel table for sewing that will come with me.

Did I read right that we are full? No more room? It's going to be so much fun-I can't wait!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 AM

Yes there is no more room at the Inn.I am waiting on 2 checks and all will be squared away.I am bringing a sewing table too.Folding chairs are a good idea,I don't have any but might pick up one before the retreat.Space will be tight but we can move furniture around.Cindy make sure to bring some wine to sell,I need a couple for Thanksgiving.I am so ready to go.I have lots of stuff going on at home and am ready to do something fun instead of construction!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 AM

Yea! Sounds like it is going to be an amazing weekend.

I was begining to think I was going to have to cancel, water heater sprung a leak, but it is working out so I can still go. Whooo!

I need to give Cindy a call and see how we are for space in her vehicle. I'm planning on bringing a table, a small folding ironing board as well as a small travel iron. The table is probably the same kind everyone else is going to bring, about 4 feet long.

Wine Woman, yes the quilt has been done for some time now as well as receiving blankets and burp towels. I can't wait to meet him. It seems like it has been so slong since we had a small baby around the family. This will make #3 for me. Boy, girl, boy. Funny since when my oldest grandchild was born I was 45 and the last thing I wanted to be was a grandmother. Now, I wouldn't trade them. I'd trade my kids first. :D
Hope my pallet will appreciate the wine you bring. I'm not much of a drinker so the occasional drink I do have is usally not wine so have never learned to appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:25 AM

It looks like there is a big garage. I am very happy to work in the garage. Jacque and I do it at her house all the time!

I will bring a lamp and a couple of extension cords.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:30 PM

Did I tell ya'll the house has a iron and ironing board?We may have to put cars in the garage but if not you can sew in there.