Favorite Breed

Old 09-29-2011, 06:14 PM

German Shepherds full blooded or mix. . . Great dogs!!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:42 PM

For many years we had Kerry Blue Terriers. Didn't shed, great with kids, etc. Our last one was a Benji type dog from the pound and she was a wonderful pet.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM

Currently we have 3 furbabies. Two French bulldogs (Bere,3 and Justice, 4) and a Yorkie (Rusty, 14). Over the years we've had 3 schnauzers. But the one that stole my heart was Jake, a boxer. He was my honey-boy. He followed me everywhere. I've always said that he looked into my soul and loved me anyway. We lost him in 2007 and I still miss him greatly.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:42 AM

well I have been breeding dachshunds for years now - but I love them all - I have my dox, 2 labs , 2 west highlands and always had a golden until recent ..
Old 09-30-2011, 02:48 AM

We love our Beagles, Toby and Molly. toby was originally our sons and came to visit but never left. Molly we adopted when a lady couldn't take care of her anymore. she is a cuddler and rules the roost. We love them both.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I don't currently have a pet but if I was going to get a dog, it would be a rescue greyhound. They seem to me to be the closest thing in the dog world to a cat (elegant, laid back...)
Everyone in our family has greyhounds... and yes they are like cats they love to stretch and lay in the sun and just be ...greyhounds are the best...!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Swap Hosts

Like you, I've loved every dog we had. Well, except one that had problems from the start and bit my son's face. Didn't love her too much.

We had a yellow lab after that incident and she was wonderful. She had a stroke and we were heart broken. After a few years we adopted a puggle from a shelter who grew so much that he looks like a mini-mastiff. Love him soooo very much that I decided that when it was his time I would be devastated so we got a second rescue - a chihuahua-terrier mix who was so skittish and fearful at first. Just love them both.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by valsma
I've been reading about girliegirl's Sibiran Husky's and many people have said this is thier favorite breed.

I was wondering do you have a favorite breed or are you like me who adores the breed of the pet you have at the time? I don't think other than golden retiever I have ever had the same breed of dog twice. I've loved certain traits about each animal when I had them.

I would choose to have another doxi or scotty if I was going to go purchase one, but i'm more of a mutt kinda girl. I've found some of the best dogs I've had were rescue, pound, or found.
I GUESS MY ACTUALLY FAVORITE IS A TOY POODLE OR ROTTIWEILER
Old 09-30-2011, 03:30 AM

Labs, both black so far. Incredibly smart dogs, and so sweet. We never really had to "train" either of them. They both stayed in the yard - always, and never wandered. Neither were ever chained or fenced in. Our latest, Mack Davis, we got when he was 9 weeks old and he has NEVER (swear to God) had an accident in the house. I love all dogs, but the Labs, they are so my favorite breed.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:37 AM

I think some of our favorite dogs have been from the local
SPCA dragged home by our youngest daughter. Now we share her Malmute Husky who is a big baby. We love him but he
has too much shedding.
I think the nicest dogs are raised by you as a puppy and raised
to mind you just as you would your children. After all they are
a part of the family.
We are retired and after having to put our last doggie to sleep
after 15 years of enjoying her was too much for us. No more
dogs of our own.
Flo in NNY