Amanda Knox cleared...

Old 10-04-2011, 04:44 AM

Lets all remember that a 'Not Guilty" verdict does not mean innocent!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:53 AM

I truly resent the media from forcing this whole affair on us! Now a special on Friday. Book deals, movie deals, interviews etc. My children all had semesters abroad and her activities don't do anything for the image of the US. We will probably never know the truth!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 AM

I am so happy for Amanda. From the beginning I felt she was railroaded. Each country has a different legal system, I just know I will not be traveling to Italy soon or ever. Her parents are probably broke, but they love and supported her as any parent knowing their child would do. I wonder if any of our american celebrities will step up to the plate and help her like they did the so called innocent hikers. anyways AMANDA, Welcome home, believe and never let anyone tell you how to move on. Just focus and know you have learned a very important lesson. And the lesson is one for only you to understand.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:07 AM

how sad for everyone involved. the poor parents of the victim...i hope they can solve it now tht she is cleared. it appeared that they never looked for other suspects but then what do i know....it is sad
Old 10-04-2011, 06:14 AM

I have opions but will just say NO Comment!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 AM

i am glad she is freed :thumbup:
Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
She got lucky having bad prosecuting trying her case.
Actually, I think it was a good photographer who took videos of the police mishandling all the evidence. The prosecutors were good, the police not so much.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 AM

No undeniable proof - no guilty verdict. It's time for people to leave her alone and let her get back to living her life.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 AM

She and her boyfriend were both set free yesterday. There is another guy who admitted to the crime serving 16 year for the rape and murder. He implcated them, but I don't think they knew him. From CNN his DNA was all over the place, oh the murder victim, weapon etc. A DNA researcher from Idaho Who was involved somehow in the relook at the DNA gathering really made it clear that the Italians botched the gathering of DNA - Amanda lived there naturally her DNA would be in the Villa. I am sad that it took 4 years for this to be resolved for these two young people. Perhaps she will talk to the media at some point. Scary to be in a foreign country for two months have have this horrific murder happen in the place where you live, much less be accused of being involved in the murder.
That is what I get for watching too much CNN

Originally Posted by pocoellie
You have got to be kidding. Our justice system sure needs a lot of work.

Why did the other guy(not her boyfriend) get 30 years for being an accessory and she gets off free. Something is definitely wrong with our system.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by athomenow
I just saw this verdict also. They cut into Dr. Phil but I do think that there was a lot of mishandling of this whole thing. Like you said we'll never know what happened but maybe next time they'll do a better job of evidence handling. I hope she can get on with her life. Her poor parents have to be broke trying to get this settled.
She is lucky she has parents with money, can you imagine if it were someone with an average income? I live in an area where people seldom if ever even take a vacation let along fly to europe.We would have never heard a word and the accused would not have gotten the chances this young lady had.

I was reading that her parents and grandmother are mortgaged to the hilt, have tons of credit card debt, and that there have been fund raising efforts and help from friends.