Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Patriotic quilt is coming together >

Patriotic quilt is coming together

Patriotic quilt is coming together

Old 07-07-2009, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by fabricfenatic
tired to send this earler, dont know what I did wrong, so here goes again. I love your work and was particularly drawn to it as I made my darling late husband a USA quilt back in 2003. It was the first major one I made and it finished up telling his life story in the squares that are below the flags and the eagle. I am attaching some photos for you to see.
That is a quilt to be proud of, most definitely!
Thank you to your husband for his service to our nation, welcome home, and thank you for your loving support of our American heroes. SALUTE!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:39 PM

That's really beautiful, fabricfenatic. I admire the way the quilt is put together too, it takes a lot of imagination.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

Wow Pam, that quilt is turning out to be spectacular!!!! (Well, just as usual with all your work>>.) I really really really like it!

fabricfenatic, your quilt is great also! Love how you did your DH's life in the bottom section. Thank you to your family for all your service!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Pam,
You have a good sense of design and color. Very pertty work too! Nice work!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I'll get the pieces all ready and take it to work with me this week.
Pam - great quilt as they all are.

If not too personal a question, does your profession involve fabric, or is it something you can work on during lunch?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:55 AM

fabricfenatic - beautiful quilt. You can feel the emotion; it must have been a joy to create.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:07 AM

It's beautiful! You're doing an amazing job on it!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by fabricfenatic
tired to send this earler, dont know what I did wrong, so here goes again. I love your work and was particularly drawn to it as I made my darling late husband a USA quilt back in 2003. It was the first major one I made and it finished up telling his life story in the squares that are below the flags and the eagle. I am attaching some photos for you to see.
Wonderful quilt - thank you so much for sharing your quilt is gorgeous!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
Pam - great quilt as they all are.

If not too personal a question, does your profession involve fabric, or is it something you can work on during lunch?
No, I don't work with fabric though I wish I did sometimes. I administer telephone and voicemail systems so I do it at lunch. Either at my desk or I take my tote outside and sit on a bench if it's nice out.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 PM

thank you all for your kind words concerning the quilt I made for my late husband. However I feel I must set the record straight as he did not die in service to his country. He was very patriotic however, especially since we moved to Australia to follow my family (I am English but lived in the USA for 24 years where I met my husband) I can see how it could be thought he did die in service from the words at the bottom of the quilt but that was put there because he loved his country so much - the rest of the squares around that preprinted panel are the ones that tell his life story, such things as his birth in San Jose, the date we were married, the Rose of Sharon applique for his late and much loved sister, the pumpkin because only in the US is halloween really celebrated, his high school etc. His mother returned the quilt to me after his death, (he died in the US while travelling to see his family and yes, he took his quilt with him!) but I feel it belongs with his family and so returned it to her. Again thank you all, this is one of the nicest sites I have ever belonged to, I can see I am going to enjoy getting to "know" you all and your beautiful quilts will give me inspiration for years to come. By the way my name is Carole.