Amanda Knox cleared...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
I think prayers are needed for all involved...all the families are left with the scars of this tragedy. God will be the final judge when the actual murderer stands before Him. crafty_linda_b
Well said.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM

The DNA "proof" that the prosecutors put on, purporting to be the victim's blood on the knife, turned out to actually be flour and rye bread. wow. Now if they could convict on that, why couldn't we convict Casey Anthony? Amazing.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Maybe her new roomate will be Casey Anthony
Old 10-04-2011, 02:34 PM

They did send a drifter away for 16 years for the victim's murder. That is what I don't understand, if a drifter did all those things, why would they think that Knox and her exboyfriend did them too. Can't figure it out, and doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Originally Posted by athomenow
I just saw this verdict also. They cut into Dr. Phil but I do think that there was a lot of mishandling of this whole thing. Like you said we'll never know what happened but maybe next time they'll do a better job of evidence handling. I hope she can get on with her life. Her poor parents have to be broke trying to get this settled.
She is lucky she has parents with money, can you imagine if it were someone with an average income? I live in an area where people seldom if ever even take a vacation let along fly to europe.We would have never heard a word and the accused would not have gotten the chances this young lady had.
From what I heard her parents are now mortgaged to the hilt and that the community they live in have been having fund raisers to help with her defence.
I kinda figured it would go the way it did. I don't know if she is guilty or not, I hope a terrible injustice wasn't just done. In this whole thing the person who has been forgotten is the victim and her family. I do believe they do have at least one of the killers in custody. I'm still trying to figure out their justice system. I know, as someone has already said if she is guilty it is now between her and God to settle later.
Sick part is she will now come home, she and her parents will probably do the talk show circut and be paid millions to tell her story and write a book, and the victim will still be dead.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:52 PM

The guy was suppose to have a longer sentence, but he plea bargained and implicated the other two. He gets a shorter sentence and they were in jail for four years. So sad for all three families.
Originally Posted by mshollysd
They did send a drifter away for 16 years for the victim's murder. That is what I don't understand, if a drifter did all those things, why would they think that Knox and her exboyfriend did them too. Can't figure it out, and doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

I think it is really tacky that Seattle has named a sandwich after Amanda Knox. A young girl is dead, and I wish they would remember that.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I think it is really tacky that Seattle has named a sandwich after Amanda Knox. A young girl is dead, and I wish they would remember that.
Wow, that really is tacky!

I think Ms Knox did herself no favours, cartwheels whilst waiting for police to interview her?, and implicating her former boss (who had a alibi) during her interview when he had nothing to do with it.

My sympathies are towards a family grieving, I hope they can find some way though this nightmare.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM

It wasn't our system. It was the Italian system.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I live in Seattle and have not heard of anyone naming a sandwich after Amanda Knox. The expression "Amanda Knox Sandwich" refers to the idea that Amanda Knox was stuck in the middle between the victim and the person who killed her.

There is also a whiny blogger who calls his blog Marmalade Sandwich and he has been commenting on Amanda lately.

These conversations can be a little like kids playing telephone. We all really need to check out rumors and facts before putting them out on the web.