Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone been burned buying a sewing machine on Ebay >

Has anyone been burned buying a sewing machine on Ebay

Has anyone been burned buying a sewing machine on Ebay

Old 10-03-2011, 01:04 PM

I just bought one and it arrived last week. I was very careful on who I bought it from, not just an individual. He seemed to know what he was talking about. It was carefully packed and arrived in great condition. You can send those people questions and see how they respond. P.S. Its an older Pfaff, 1465cd. No more shake rattle and rolling. She purrs like a kitten!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:00 PM

I had a good experience buying an expensive machine through Ebay. I even called the dealer and paid through Pay Pal. Did this about 1 year ago. The machine was new and in the original box.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:08 PM

I bought my Singer 301 from an eBay seller and it was packed very, very, well. Checking their feedback is the best way to find out what type of seller they are. Be sure to check their "as a seller" feedback and not just "as a buyer".
Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 PM

oop's hit the button twice sorry about that
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 AM

I bought a refurbished Brother on ebay and the sewing center I got it from was fast and efficient. Love the machine, works like a charm and arrived safe and sound. I did pay through paypal and had no problem. Even purchased some feet for it through the same sewing center and had great service.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:48 PM

I sold my serger on ebay...got what I thought was a fair price, and it arrived at the buyer's place just fine.
I also collect child's sewing machines...have purchased many from ebay...never, ever had a problem...
the only thing that i would caution is to look at the seller's rating...if they hqve sold 300 items and have 100% positive feedback...then I would buy from them...if this is their first sale...I would be cautious...
Just know that you can always go through an escrow service...they will hold your payment until you receive the item and are satisfied...there is a small percentage fee, but very well worth it if you are nervous about the sale! Much better than losing the entire amount,ot having to fight for it...
Old 10-08-2011, 12:08 PM

I have bought all of mine on ebay and only had one broke in shipping however they refunded my money be sure to insure them and be sure to pay thru paypal. Never wire money to them, if they request it's usually a scam. I love my bernina's
Old 10-13-2011, 04:51 PM

My featherweight arrived in August , broken and I still have not gotten reimbursed- broke in shipping.Post office claims are very hard to get your money from.My wonderful handy dandy hubby fixed it for me and a local singer repairman had spare parts so I am good to go finally.