Does it bother you?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:02 PM

LOL! @ the midwest responses. I used to say the ND state tree is a telephone pole, and the state flower a crumpled up beer can in the ditch. The state flower is a mosquioto!

Ok, ND has some good things (there is that one week in the Spring before the mosquitoes attack), but I'm very happy to be in OR now.

I did catch a huge catfish in the Red River in ND, that was so fun!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:04 PM

When I say I live in California I always get a lot of comments about being from the "land of fruits & nuts". I don't think they are talking about agriculture, either!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by drgranny
Originally Posted by loves_2_quilt
Yes, and in Texas we all have horses, live on a ranch, and wear cowboy hats! So people think.
And are rich because we have oil wells!
I wish all of that was true.

Oh! and we carry guns too.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Oregon - Natives pronounce it Ore (as in iron ore) uh gun. Not orGONE (as in long gone) or oreeegun.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:13 PM

We used to tease my good natured DIL from Arkansas that in Arkansas the family trees didn't branch, you went to family reunions to get a date, etc. We used most of the jokes from the book You Might Be A Redneck IF. She could tell the most jokes about the state. Are these jokes only told about the South? I'm from Oklahoma, have lived in Virginia, Louisiana and now Texas. Also Kansas and California and Europe. I have found that people with a sense of humor usually aren't dumb.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM

When visiting in CA I happened to be visiting with a man from SC. He asked where I lived and I replied, "From Iowa." His response was,"Is that near New Jersey?" I told him he should go back to school somewhere, but hopefully not SC. I'm sure he had been taught geography and learned a bit more, and then again, maybe not.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:49 PM

When visiting in CA I happened to be visiting with a man from SC. He asked where I lived and I replied, "From Iowa." His response was,"Is that near New Jersey?" I told him he should go back to school somewhere, but hopefully not SC. I'm sure he had been taught geography and learned a bit more, and then again, maybe not.
The way things are going now days it's hard to say.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:59 PM

I'm from Texas too. And I have owned a pair of cowboy boots.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:02 PM

I was raised in Alabama then lived in NJ for 23 years. I lost the accent and didn't tell anyone where I was from. I got tired of being called a hick. Some people are just ignorant.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:04 PM
KLO

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I'm from NJ.. get it all the time. Look at shows like Law&Order (I do love the show) that pokes fun at it.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know better.

And NJ has had so many bad jokes told about it that I cannot imagine how it survived without a complex of some sort. People seem to think everyone in NJ is like the Jersey Shore "dingdongs" or the Housewives of NJ. When we moved to NC many years ago, I had to laugh at the things people thought were true about NJ. Good thing Jerseyans have a good sense of humor .... mostly.