Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt  Go Baby??... >

Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt Go Baby??...

Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt Go Baby??...

Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
Originally Posted by dakotamaid
I have the June Taylor shape cutter for cutting strips. I rarely have a "V" and it is alot cheaper than the cutters.

http://www.junetailor.com/shapecutplusvideo.htm
I purchased the ShapeCut Pro using a 50% coupon from JoAnns. Has totally eliminated the dreaded "V" as it is wide enough to cut on the single fold. Has cutting slots every 2 1/2". It has saved me time and fabric when cutting strips.
Yeap I agree! :thumbup:
Old 10-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
The Simplicity Rotary Cutter is NOT worth the money! I had one, used it once or twice and then it sat on a shelf for over 2 years.

The Simplicity Cutter is worth every cent to cut strips for fabric bowls, rag rugs, fabric knitting/crocheting, and fabric braiding. Strips for these items do not have to be cut perfect. Mine is used a lot for all kinds of strip cutting. I use it to cut bias strips, I found bias strips don't have to be cut perfect to make great bias binding.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:07 AM
j

I have the Baby Go and bought the strip cutter for it, for me it is well worth it. I bought other dies, expensive ye, but I did get them 30% off and that helps , There is not much waste and you can still save some of it - my plan is a crumb quilt. - J.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 AM

I have the altros 2 board the quilt squares that I have cut the shapes out on, there has been no to miminal squaring.It does take some practice in learning to use but it is worth it in the end.
pat thompson
Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 AM

I have the Quilt Cutter2 and love it!

Here are a couple of groups where you might find something. They're Yahoo groups. QuiltersFleaMarket and SewItsForSale I found mine at one of them but don't remember which. There was a Quilt Cutter2 for sale a few weeks ago so it may not be there now but worth checking out.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
Thanks to all of you!! I knew I would get good advice.. going to price the Alto now...I have the JT shape cut, but it is the 12"x12"...and, as stated, it is too small...it works great for small things, tho...I don't think I even knew about the bigger one when I bought the one I have.
Regards,
Kif
If you have a quilt show with vendors going on near you, you should check it out and see if they have that particular vendor. That's where I saw the Alto 2 demo and I bought one right there and then took it home and used it. I use it every day for all kinds of cuts. It was much cheaper for me than one of those cutting machines with the expensive die cutters. I have not regreted my purchase.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:11 AM

I have the altos and I really like it. I've used it for years. Just bought a Baby GO and I LOVE it. I cut almost all of my 2 1/2 strips on it now and 3 1/2" squares.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:12 AM

I have the June Tailor 12" Shape Cutter and absolutely love it! So quick & easy and accurate. Got it at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon! :)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
The Simplicity Rotary Cutter is NOT worth the money! I had one, used it once or twice and then it sat on a shelf for over 2 years.
I bought one and used in once for a few mintues and took it back. I how have the Accuquilt Go and love it.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
I have the June Taylor shape cutter for cutting strips. I rarely have a "V" and it is alot cheaper than the cutters.

http://www.junetailor.com/shapecutplusvideo.htm
This is my fav. also.