Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt  Go Baby??... >

Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt Go Baby??...

Simplicity cutter or Accuquilt, Accuquilt Go Baby??...

Old 10-12-2011, 03:53 PM

Thanks the suggestion of cutting only 2 layers at once. And pressing first. Also, I've thought about lightly starching the piece of fabric first. That could make a difference.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Hi I have the Accuquit Go & just love it, I seem to have problems getting my pcs to be exact but ont with the Accuquilt, all cuts are perfect.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:48 PM

I have the Accuquilt and it's great. I also bought several dies but I bought them on Amazon which is much less expensive than the fabric stores or the Accuquilt website.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by gale
I don't think you can ever use coupons on accuquilt products at Joann's.
I'm sorry, I forgot about them not taking coupons on these dies.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:24 AM

I have accuquilt Love mine the ONLY time I had a wavy line was when I put to many layers on at once
Old 10-13-2011, 05:27 PM

I sent you a PM but misnamed the "machine". Sure will appreciate hearing from you.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:52 AM

I have the accuquit go/love it /I do 2 1/2 strips and blocks/ I turn my scraps into 2 1/2 blocks and throw in a box for later. Love the go and bought it on Amazon.com very reasonable. like 180
Old 10-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned

I really do love the AccuQuilt GO! and have the strip dies, but truly use them for cutting scraps. For overall strip cutting, my favorite tool is the June Taylor shape cutter for cutting strips.

There are steps you can take to eliminate the V, regardless of using rulers, strip rulers, AccuQuilt, Sizzix, Simplicity cutter, etc. As such, I'm wondering if a better question might be one that solicits feedback for cutting accurate strips vs just a cutting tool. Not that I am against Modern cutting tools, as I think they are great, but cutting techniques are also important regardless of the cutting tool.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Old 10-15-2011, 05:40 PM

Hi again all,
My Accuquilt Go with the starter set came in yesterday!! The other dies and extra mats that dh and ds also ordered for my early Christmas gift are due in Tues. or Weds. I haven't tried it yet...am forcing myself to finish embellishing a Christmas stocking I committed to making for someone else 1st. But believe you me, as soon as I get it done, I will be trying the Go out!! When dh came in from work yesterday he couldn't believe I hadn't opened it up yet...I don't know who is more shocked, him or I that I am sticking to finishing the stocking... :shock:
A big thank you to all of you for your opinions and input! I also appreciate any and all hints from those of you who have the Go...
Regards,
Kif
Old 10-15-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
I have the June Taylor shape cutter for cutting strips. I rarely have a "V" and it is alot cheaper than the cutters.

http://www.junetailor.com/shapecutplusvideo.htm
Me too - simple easy no set-up can't-miss. Plus you just line it up on a non-cut dotted line and get strips of whatever size you want. I've used it with a ruler and cut 4 1/4" strips

I don't see how a machine-cutter could read where the fabric is misprinted and cut around it. Did I miss something?

But hey, it sound like a fun item, good luck!