OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 10-16-2011, 07:33 PM

I will be the stanger in the group. By reading the posts it seems like I know some of you already. I am really excited. This will be my first retreat so far away and my second retreat total. If Ugly Cook has room I would like to bring some fruit and vegies and bottled water. It looks like those items have not been spoken for. I will have to check with Ugly Cook. (I just love that name)
PS My quilting friends and other friends think I am crazy going so far away to go to a quilt retreat with women I do not even know. I see it as fun and adventurous.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by JudyJ
I will be the stanger in the group. By reading the posts it seems like I know some of you already. I am really excited. This will be my first retreat so far away and my second retreat total. If Ugly Cook has room I would like to bring some fruit and vegies and bottled water. It looks like those items have not been spoken for. I will have to check with Ugly Cook. (I just love that name)
PS My quilting friends and other friends think I am crazy going so far away to go to a quilt retreat with women I do not even know. I see it as fun and adventurous.
JudyJ,
None of us are Axe Murders, just ask lilrain... She was the fresh meat once. ;)
Just don't ask me to answer your phone while you take a nap...ROFLMAO!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:47 PM

You,me,Cindy,Faith,Tammy,Julie,Julies friend,Lilrain,Amanda,
Penny,Judy,Alice.[/quote]

Would it be possible for someone to tell me what the QBoard names are for the above names? JUDYJ
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Penny,Judy,Alice.
Julie's friend's name is JACQUE!

Repeat after me: Jacque

No worries, Judy, I only know a few of them. Last June I didn't know any of them. I walked into the house and they were dressed really weird...pink feathers or something. It got better from there.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Penny,Judy,Alice.
Would it be possible for someone to tell me what the QBoard names are for the above names? JUDYJ[/quote]

KarenBarnes,Cbridges,Wine Women,Cobaltjars62,Valsma,Ugly Cook,Jacque(not on the board)Lilrain,Stichy65,Scottlass,2 doods
I was also new last retreat and did not know a soul.Do now and they are a great bunch.No Ax murders but you might want to jump off a cliff after spending several days with us!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by UglyCook
Originally Posted by cbridges22
Penny,Judy,Alice.
Julie's friend's name is JACQUE!

Repeat after me: Jacque

No worries, Judy, I only know a few of them. Last June I didn't know any of them. I walked into the house and they were dressed really weird...pink feathers or something. It got better from there.
Hey, that was me. :shock: Feathers and I had birthdays so her sister dressed us up. :oops: I can bring the "outfit" and let you borrow it. :lol: There is a sea shell bra, flower lei, pink flamingo glasses and hat.....it is all hanging in my quilting room. Someone must be having a birthday....:wink:
Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM

Hi Judy, sounds like you and I have a lot in common, I don't know any of these ladies either (only from the QB) and I think my friends here are wondering about me as well....so I figure we will have some new friends by the time this weekend is over and you can't have too many quilty friends!! Look forward to meeting you and all the rest.....!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:51 AM

Alice, the birthday girl (Jen) isn't coming but Faith will be there! She just added a new number to a 0 this month! You can show off the outfit on her! Don't tell her I said it though! :)

I think all of you new gals will have a great time! No bridge jumping for me! Just lots of exercise needed after sitting around and visiting/eating for 3 solid days! I'm getting very excited though!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:32 AM

Is everyone going on Thursday?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:28 AM

I'm counting down the days and getting antsy to get going. LOL!

There is not specific video i'm thinking of on youtube. I found a block online and decided to try it, seemed simple enough right? Wrong. Most of it was but an important element of the block that has 3 peices/corners that come together and I can't seem to get it to work. I finally got frustrated and put it away. I don't know what i'm not doing right or wrong, just thought maybe the more experienced amoung us could give me pointer so I don't have this sitting around forever.

This is my first retreat to and the only board memeber I have met so far is Cindy, so i'm on the fresh meat plate with some of the rest of you. I'm looking forward to meeting all the lovely ladys who's post I have enjoyed reading so much.

A week from this coming Thursday and it's time. :mrgreen:
And don't forget to pack your cameras.