Wild Animals Loose in Ohio

Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
I heard on ABC News Jack Hanna mentioned that while tranquilizing could have been an option, sometimes it doesn't work because the shot doesn't hit the muscle but on the bone instead. And it's also dangerous for the inspector to check if the animal is really tranquilized or just merely down....so it could attack during the inspection. It's such a shame that these exotic animals were killed but the choice to protect human life was priority with the law enforcement officials. A very scary situation and very sad, too.
Plus it was getting dark
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM

There are several states who do not have laws on the books about keeping exotic animals. This is the saddest thing I hav seen in a while. The news was full of photos of dead lions and tigers. I hope we get a law soon to prohibit this type of thing.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Why are people allowed to keep these beautiful wild animal on their farms or whatever they call them? I feel there should be laws prohibiting people to have them. If they cannot be left in the wild where they belong, at least put them in a zoo, not in your back yard.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM

Gov. Kasich ended an executive order by the previous governor that did prohibit and control wild animal ownership.
Maybe now he will focus on other things (than what he's focusing on)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:48 AM

I wish they'd stop showing the dead animals piled up...it makes me sick that this person had all these exotic animals...When are we going to have a law in this country that exotic animals are not allowed here...it's really disgusting...
Old 10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt crazee
Jack Hanna is truly saddened by this! Many years ago at the start of his career, he was at CEDAR POINT in Sandusky, OH. His assoiciation w/ the COLUMBUS & SAN DIEGO zoos, & getting out there to promote animals & their preservation,only shows how deeply he cares about them! To think he is getting death threats because he said officers, had no choice! I see a live interview w/him- it will haunt him ALWAYS, but he realizes HUMAN life must be protected! I'm sure he will help PUSH OHIO to curb our exotic animal laws. We have the most loose laws in the country, for owning them. No reg citizen needs to own these exotics, it only puts the animals & PEOPLE at risk! SUCH A TRAGEDY ON ALL POINTS!
He knew they had no choice after he saw an animal kill a really good friend of his many years ago. This man used a tranquilizer gun, and the animal leaped and killed him instantly. It happened so quickly noone could stop it. I feel so bad for him, he will never forget this. People should realize how deeply he cared when he buried all of the animals that were shot.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by dd
So sad they are killing some of the animals. Too bad they can't tranquilize them all. I was stunned to hear the owner was recently release from jail on animal abuse charges. Hope everyone in the area is safe.
It was dark and they can't. They tried . It was the only right thing to do instead of a child or other people getting killed. People don't understand what could have happened.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 AM

Always- they said he DID open all the cages before he shot himself in the head.
katz
Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

what a B-----D, he let them out to a cruel death then topped himself, may he rot in hell.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 AM

Heard about it on news-very worrying.
Take care!