Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is causing this? >

What is causing this?

What is causing this?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Looks like it happened in the next triangle too. Mmmmmmmmmm
Old 10-25-2011, 11:18 AM

Did you recent have a jam up in your machine? Could be your hook timing is just a tiny bit out. Not enough to bother regular sewing but by moving the thread just a tiny bit while sewing could unhook the thread from the timing hook leaving it free until the next stitch. Until you can get it to the shop, I'd try doing one back up stitch and then turn.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Originally Posted by leatheflea
Originally Posted by carolaug
Are you moving the fabric to quickly at that the corners?
I'm stopping with the needle down, pivoting the quilt, and then start sewing again....I've tried everything and it keeps doing this.
Wait till the needle starts it's way back up...then it'll have completed the stitch. If you do it on the way down the stitch is not complete.
This is what I was thinking as well. Glad I read a little further.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by hatchet
Did you recent have a jam up in your machine? Could be your hook timing is just a tiny bit out. Not enough to bother regular sewing but by moving the thread just a tiny bit while sewing could unhook the thread from the timing hook leaving it free until the next stitch. Until you can get it to the shop, I'd try doing one back up stitch and then turn.
Nope this is a brand new machine, well about 6 months old.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:53 AM

If you are free-motion quilting, I think you may be trying to go around the corner too fast. You should make a slight pause at each point, every time you make an abrupt direction change.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Originally Posted by hatchet
Nope this is a brand new machine, well about 6 months old.
Didn't try a new needle that was too long or anything like that? Could be, I suppose that it wasn't adjusted perfectly at the factory. I'm sure you must have said what type of machine it is, I'll look. Have you looked on line for any problems with this machine make and model?
Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 PM

I would take it back to the shop and exchange it for another machine. It is a new machine and should not be doing anything like this in the first place. All suggestions are really good and helpful but the bottom line is that you have only just bought it and you should not have to put up with problems like this with a new machine. It should still be under warranty and I would insist on exchanging it for a brand new machine. Test out the new machine with your threads and make sure there is not a problem with it before taking it away with you. Best wishes and good luck.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:58 PM

I'm interested in the answer too
Old 10-25-2011, 02:45 PM

Looks like you turned it with needle up or your needle was not all the way down so when you started to sew it didn't complete the stitch
Old 10-25-2011, 03:00 PM

Well after reading the last couple of post I guess I'll call the dealer where I bought it. Its a brother quilter, maybe she could answer this problem. I just assumed it was something I was doing wrong and had nothing to do with the machine itself, but I could be wrong.