Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tell Us 10 Unusual Facts About Yourself >

Tell Us 10 Unusual Facts About Yourself

Tell Us 10 Unusual Facts About Yourself

Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 AM

I will watch this thread...very interesting...OK here goes!

1. I can write upsidedown.
2. I am very thick skinned. My feelings don't get easily hurt.
3. I always want a fan blowing on me. Even if i'm not hot. We actually sleep with 3 fans...two are aimed at me.
4. I despised my red hair until it started turning brown!!!!!
5. Ever since I can remember I have been extremely uncomfortable with my body. Even when I wasn't fat!
6. I absolutely hate my husbands name.
7. I used to have chocolate every day of my life...until I developed migrains from it. I am so sad....
8. Since I was a child I could size up a person in just a few minutes and know if they were trouble. And I never hung around with people that would get me in trouble. I was a very good girl :)
9. I have awful teeth!
10. I have never ever wanted children..and I don't have any!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:57 AM

1. I actually like tedious, repetitive jobs. They seem to relax me.

2. I learned German in my teens, Japanese in my 20's, and Chinese in my 30's.

3. I took an 85 year-old friend to Bulgaria because she wanted to go one more time before she died.

4. I analyze the outfits of the people who walk in front of me in the train station and pick out what they should have worn instead.

5. I have three brothers and they are all ten years apart in age.

6. My mother comes from a family of ten children. They now range in age from about 92 to 72 and no one has yet passed away.

7. I like just about any kind of craft.

8. I need to read every day and I usually have my next few books prepared just in case.

9. I went to college in my teens, 30's and 40's. I had a different major each time. I am not sure if I am done with education yet!

10. I too spend a lot of time thinking about things and how they would go together.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

OK here I go:
1- I use to be vain about my looks - skinny, hair done perfect...Now Im pleasantly plump and in a poneytail most times...

2- Wanted a Huge family- I have one Princess..

3- Am a City girl thru and thru- but has been transplanted to the countryside.. I will go back one day...

4- I LOVE Simple flavored Ice Cream... Vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, but not in the same bowl at the same time.. I chose vanilla at the Ice Cream shop out of all the flavors..

5- I woke up one day and made a lap quilt in three days - Ive never sewed or quilted anything in my life prior to that weekend..

6- Im spoiled by my hubby and Know it..

7- I hate to clean house and do laundry... House does get clean but the laundry, well thats iffy so I make sure every one has enough sock and underwear for at least a month..

8- Im a daddy's girl

9- Im an impulse consumer..

10- Im a friend for life ( if you never cross me.. )
Old 10-26-2011, 06:04 AM

These are fun to read, why? I have no idea but I enjoy this kind of thing. So I will play :)

1. I too love quiet, "unnecessary" noise and chatter makes
me hateful.
2. The older I get the more I dislike being around a lot of
people. With the exception of bikers and country folk .
I can party outside or in a barn all night with "good
ol boys"
3. I like to drum and play the Native American flute.
4. I was raised by a christian family ,believe in God ,but
Have became what some would call "pagan" over the past
several years.
5. I am a loner,have never had a friend long term,though I
would love to.
6. Young girls going through difficult times seem to be
drawn to me, I help them become strong and they then
fly away, I hope they think of me.
7. Want to know something about me?Just ask,I tend to
talk too freely :)
8. I love giving.
9. I am a "Tom boy",ride motorcycles,shoot guns,build fires
out in the yard to sit by ,love to fish and tromp
around in the woods,and lothe housework.
10. I would love to be in love and be
loved ,someday.......I still have hope most days.(Married 33 years in a dead relationship)

I must add #11.

I am RED WHITE AND BLUE DOWN TO THE CORE!!!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:50 AM

1. I have 6 tattoos.

2. I got married the first time when I was 16.

3. I was a better parent at 16 than my mother was at 36.

4. I was widowed at 22. It was the nicest thing he ever did for me.

5. I'm a very good shot with a .22 and a 12 gauge.

6. If you don't *really* want to know the answer, don't ask me the question because I tell no lies.

7. I've moved 37 times in 54 years.

8. I tend to be a neat and organized person.

9. Except, I only dust twice a year. Generally May and November.

10. I still tend to dress like a hippie.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 AM

1) I'm a country girl thru and thru, I used to farm while DH worked a *normal* job. He gave me a new hay rake for mothers day one year. I loved it.

2) I love to shoot and have an enormous gun collection (and not afraid to use them).

3) Ms Suzy Homemaker I am NOT. DH knew it when he married me and never complains and still loves me.

4) I'm extremely loyal.

5) Honest to a fault too.

6) Do not know the art of tact or political correctness. I call a spade a spade, only way I know to get my point across.

7) I race Homing Pigeons.

8) Can't remember names and faces, but never forget a *voice*.

9) Hate to wear make up or dress up anymore.

10) Extremely possessive.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:07 AM

1.) I have an aunt, uncle, brother in law and sister in law all in the same 2 people.
2.) I found out the day my grandfather died that the man who raised me wasn't my "biological father". That's why #1 is ok.
3.) I'm not afraid to speak my mind and tell you like it is, but the first to say I'm sorry if I did wrong.
4.) Since my step children have moved out I have lost who I am and what made me- me. (who knew at 35 I would have empty nest syndrome)
5.) I secretly get mad when someone complains that they have lost their father when they are 40 or 50 or older..My best friend and I grew up losing ours at 13 and 18 in tragic accidents..I want to scream that they were blessed with the time they had cause we didn't get that time.
6.)I wish I would of had more biological children.
7.)I was named after a prostitue. (long story)
8.)I'm spoiled by my husband..and wouldn't have it any other way.
9.) I miss playing softball but the peeing on myself when I run makes it hard to enjoy the game-so I just use the excuse I'm to busy to commit.
10.) I'm obsessed with this board_ if I don't get on it daily I have withdraws.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:41 AM

Interesting post...I'll play!

1) I am stressed out by having too much clutter around me. Every so often I go through and de-clutter my space so I can think clearly and breathe deep.

2) I HATE having people underfoot in my kitchen when I cook (it is a great way to get yourself stabbed with a fork!)

3) I never wanted to get married or have kids and I have done both and love both more than I ever thought possible.

4) My favorite sounds are those made by water: ocean waves are #1, closely followed by rain and trickling streams.

5) My husband still makes my tummy flutter after 15 years together. But he makes me roll my eyes just as frequently :D

6) I never met any of my grandparents.

7) I cry at the drop of a hat - not necessarily floods or anything, but the slightest sentimental thing will make me misty...

8) I don't like to read the news because all the sad stories make me cry.

9) I think Tom Welling is the sexiest man ALIVE. He is absolutely freakishly beautiful.

10) I can't stand caviar - the texture of those little eggs bursting in my mouth makes me want to VOMIT.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:47 AM

I am playing devil's advocate here but, isn't this and the other post asking about unusual ancestors coming from a fairly new board member just the type of thing that a spammer might use to "get to you". Stuff you write here doesn't just stay here, it is available to anyone that googles the right words. My apologies to yrnstr but just a thought.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:31 AM

1. I am anally organized.

2. I hate suprises

3. I am brutally honest. I have no tact. This causes foot-in mouth disease a lot.

4. Most people think I have a great sense of humor.

5. Besides my husband, I don't have any close friends. I have trust issues.

6. I absolutely love Soul Train. The episodes from the 70s are the best! Peace, Love and Sooooouuuuulllll

7. I would love to be a track handicapper. Pay would suck though.

8. I love to bake, but I don't like eating what I've baked. Everyone loves my baking - especially at work. I will not eat eggs or grilled cheese sandwiches, unless I cook them. And I don't like my food touching.

9. I've spoiled my cat and bird and they are so obnoxious that if we do have people over, we have to put the cat away and tell strangers to stay away from the bird.

10. I have no sense of rhythm. My husband is a musician and it drives him nuts when I'm tapping to the beat of a song and I'm totally off beat. He says it's like finger-nails on a chalkboard.