OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 10-25-2011, 06:51 PM

My husband is doing his sleep study tonight! Pretty sure how it will turn out but he needs to do it anyway. Then for the fun 6 weeks it's supposed to take him to get used to the machine! Maybe I'll get more rest then...
Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 PM

Karen, he will feel so much better!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
My husband is doing his sleep study tonight! Pretty sure how it will turn out but he needs to do it anyway. Then for the fun 6 weeks it's supposed to take him to get used to the machine! Maybe I'll get more rest then...
It didn't take me 6 weeks to get used to it, just a few nights. but I have the pillows instead of a mask.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 AM

They read the reports and then set the pressure on the machine according to what is actually happening while he is sleeping. There are different types of apnea.I hope he gets the type machine with the humidifier, as I have heard of a lot of people wishing they had gotten it when they had a chance. The machines are very expensive. I just got replacement headgear, and retail price was almost $200
Old 10-26-2011, 05:25 AM

My DH is checking with his doc next visit. Sometimes I nudge him in the night because he stops breathing. My dad was able to quit using his machine when he lost weight.....hmmmm. Incentive to diet? Maybe.

One more day! One more day! One more day!
I am packing after work tonight.
Got the binding on the big quilt. So I am bring all hand work. No machine this time.
See you all TOMORROW! Yeah!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
My DH is checking with his doc next visit. Sometimes I nudge him in the night because he stops breathing. My dad was able to quit using his machine when he lost weight.....hmmmm. Incentive to diet? Maybe.

One more day! One more day! One more day!
I am packing after work tonight.
Got the binding on the big quilt. So I am bring all hand work. No machine this time.
See you all TOMORROW! Yeah!
Yea! Tomorrow, so looking forward to tomorrow! Can't wait to meet you all and share some fun time.
The pulled pork is ready to go, the crumbcake is ready to go. Time to pack up the sewing machine and everything else. Everyone have a great day and see you all tomorrow.
Less than 24 hours. :mrgreen:
Old 10-26-2011, 12:35 PM

Rod lost 40 pounds so that wasn't the problem. He actually had 45 episodes an hour so they woke him during the night and added the CPAP and though he didn't fall into a rem sleep the rest of the night, they were able to adjust the pressure. He said he isn't supposed to be able to snore or of course, hold his breath so this should be a good thing! He has snored since we met!

Going now to make enchiladas, apple crisp and banana bread! Packing is simple in the morning! See you tomorrow!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 PM

I am leaving to go to Seattle now. I will meet Julie around 8:30 at her house tomorrow. All new welcomings to happen soon. And I am bringing my CPap machine! That is a good thing. See you soon. Am looking forward to seeing your faces. JUDY
Old 10-26-2011, 02:50 PM

Lilrain and Judy can share a room with matching c-pap machines!
Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
Lilrain and Judy can share a room with matching c-pap machines!
I think Valsma is my roommate, but otherwise we could have the dualing CPAP serenade.

My apnea was considered severe, as it was 50 times an hour. they woke me during the sleep study to put the machine on me also. When they first downloaded the information and read it, after I got the machine, they decided to increase the air pressure. Not sure when to go have them look at the info again.

A friend of mine had a BiPap until she lost weight, then didn't need it. BiPap is air pressure plus oxygen.