OREGON/WASHINGTON FALL RETREAT

Old 10-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lipsticklilly
I wish I had found out about this earlier. we just moved to longview and would have been great to go with you.
also this is my first message board and to be honest it was a bit hard to follow, not being last post,first read sorta of thing.... not even sure how to get back to the this page in the future?
Keep watching here! When we get in gear for the next one someone will start a new thread and let everyone know.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:55 PM

I had the best time and made it home in one piece.Learned lots of new stuff like how to make yo-yo's,hand quilt and short sheet,so,all in all a educational weekend with wild,wacky,wonderful women!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM

It was great fun.
Faith, I hope you are feeling better. And I still have the purse, but almost didn't.
Will write more after a rest, came back through mist and Vernonia and got into heavy traffic on 26 just past the zoo. then was 5th car back from an I-5 bridge life. Lucky me, been a long time since I have been so lucky
Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 PM

Was so sad to have to say goodbye to all the wonderful women I sewed with, talked with, shopped with, ate with (there are some good cooks in this group) and most importantly laughed with. Sometimes we laughed so hard I got a stomach ache. Sign me up for the next spring retreat.

A very special thank you to CindyB for organizing this great weekend and allowing me to be a part of it. Thanks for letting me ride shotgun there and back.
Thank you LadyElizabeth for the pattern book and i'm sorry I didn't get to meet you.
To the rest of you special, silly ladies (you know who you are) it was great spending the last few days in your wonderful company.

Faith, are you planning your revenge yet?

:-D
Old 10-30-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Lipsticklilly
I wish I had found out about this earlier. we just moved to longview and would have been great to go with you.
also this is my first message board and to be honest it was a bit hard to follow, not being last post,first read sorta of thing.... not even sure how to get back to the this page in the future?
Lipsticklilly,
As Uglycook stated, keep watching the board and someone will post when a new retreat is in the works.
I know it is hard to follow the thread once you get this many pages into it.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:05 PM

I also made it home safe and sound with no traffic issues to speak of.

I had a good time once again! Thank you, Jen, for the prises you sent with Cindy! I got the round robin quilt top. I am already thinking about what to do with it! I do like it! Let me know if you're needing any plaid material and I'll see what I have in my current stash.

LadyElisabeth, thank you for the quilt book! I LOVE Thimbleberries!

Cindy B, thank you for all your work organizing this retreat! We all had a great time!

It was nice meeting all the ladies that were not at the last retreat! I hope to see you all at the next retreat that Alice will be organizing. Thank you in advance Alice!

Now, I need to get back into my sewing room and figure out the backing for the retirement quilt. I'm not quite sure how to go about it, but, I'm sure I'll figure it out!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:00 PM

I'm exhausted! But a happy exhaustion! Thank you all for all the laughter, great conversations, quilting fun, and for helping me put on the extra pounds. To all of you who brought the wonderful food-which I so enjoyed-thank you for going the extra for all of us. Everything was wonderful, and yuuuummmmmyyyyy! What wonderful cooks we have amongst our quilters.

I think what really put the lbs on was Cindy's bisquits and gravy. Yum, they were so good! Oh yes, Cindy thanks for helping me go in debt even further for bringing all the beautiful batiks. I hope you didn't have to return many-they were so beautiul- please thank your friend for us!

Jackie, I didn't get a chance to tell you that I have a collection of bird houses so my adorable kitchen towel will go perfect in my home.

Julie, you saved me twice today from digging for my keys because my key chain is so bright it popped out at me when I went for my keys. Love it!

Faith, thank you so much for the beautiful candle holder which is going on top my wine bottle and in the bathroom window, also for all the fun things you brought and shared with all of us.

To all of you for your contributions-thank you. Lady Elisabeth thank you for the magazine. I can't wait to sit down and really get a good look at it. Quiltingnonie you were missed - sure hope you are feeling better and thank you for my label I will be attaching it to my wall hanging. And also for sending prizes. Hope you will be able to join us next time. Thank you all-I'll see about posting pictures tomorrow.

I ended up in Wheeler and got to walk through the cute quilt store there. Traveled Hwy 53 to 26 and finally got home at 3:30.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:00 PM

I got the backing prepared! YAY!! I will be so relieved to have this quilt back from the long armer. My friend tells me that we won't get it back until late December?! Is that right?! Does it really take 8 weeks to quilt a king size quilt?! I honestly don't know how long it takes. 8 weeks just seems like a long time to me. Well, it will give me planty of time to get the binding prepared so I can get it on the quilt. If I need help hand stitching the binding on the back, I'm hoping I can count on my quilting retreat friends to lend me a hand if I need it. =) Off to bed now. Thank you all again for a super fun weekend!!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by stitchy65
I got the backing prepared! YAY!! I will be so relieved to have this quilt back from the long armer. My friend tells me that we won't get it back until late December?! Is that right?! Does it really take 8 weeks to quilt a king size quilt?! I honestly don't know how long it takes. 8 weeks just seems like a long time to me. Well, it will give me planty of time to get the binding prepared so I can get it on the quilt. If I need help hand stitching the binding on the back, I'm hoping I can count on my quilting retreat friends to lend me a hand if I need it. =) Off to bed now. Thank you all again for a super fun weekend!!
Angela, it does not take that long to quilt it, but she probably has many ahead of this one. Most good long armers do
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 AM

Here's a few pictures of our fun group!

2 Doods finished project!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279619[/ATTACH]

Stitchy's project
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279622[/ATTACH]

Karen's quilt she's handquilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279661[/ATTACH]

Jackie's project
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279669[/ATTACH]

One of Uglycooks's projects
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279683[/ATTACH]