Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Special things you do for your pet. >

Special things you do for your pet.

Special things you do for your pet.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:14 PM

Rose gets covered up at night with her favorite red blanket. We tell them goodnight. Their dog house is insulated and has carpeting with several blankets and also a heat light (for snakes) in there. It could be snowing like crazy and 10 degrees and those dogs come out of the dog house sweating!

The kids
[ATTACH=CONFIG]280029[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-279976.jpe
Views:	12
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	280029  
Old 10-31-2011, 01:15 PM

On nice days, I open the patio door leaving the screen closed, and feed the chipmunks and squirrels on the other side of the screen. My two cats love watching.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:45 PM

When I eat a sandwich, I have to make sure that I have 10 crust pieces left so each dog gets two.....It's not really that hard, for those of you who are scratching your heads right now. Imagine a sandwich cut in half across the equator. Each piece has two sides and a bottom and each side and bottom have two pieces....that makes 12. So I have to eat two (any two) pieces and then there are 10 left. I yell "Sandwich time" and they all come skidding to a sit within reach of me. Then they eat like ladies and gentlemen.....
Old 10-31-2011, 04:00 PM

I have three (rotten) poodles; all of them are hand-fed boiled chicken breast, then have the left-over meat put into their Caesar's and mixed. Then I give them each their own plate in their own areas...and yes, it has to be heated prior to "dinner".
My little girl just started requiring to be fed in the AM as well...none of them wanted to eat more than once a day until now.
Oh, the question was special things you do for your (spoiled) pet, right? I think I've answered...oh, they also have a slew of treats left out continuously "just in case"... :lol:
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM

DH makes our siberian's food and warms it before serving. She also gets treats at the drop of a hat!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:30 PM

This thread really made me smile! :D Thanks to everyone who shared their story!

My daughter claims I don't do enough for my dog. How about that?

My Voxie spoils me: she does not beg to eat breakfast or go out in the morning as long as I don't leave the bedroom. If I stay upstairs until 10 am, she calmly dozes! Once I leave the room she dances they whole way to her food dish.

Dinner is a different story. Voxie gets excited around 3:30 and dances for the next hour until we feed her! If I make any move toward the kitchen, all twelve pounds of her is in motion, excited with anticipation!
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by orangeroom
We have a 12 yr old (5lb) retired champion pekinese. This morning I put his food on (a plate) on the floor for him. He just looked at me, almost saying "Are you kidding me? I didn't hear the microwave warming it up for me!" He wouldn't even take one step closer to his feeding area until after I warmed it up. He's just a smidge spoiled.
That is so funny because my cat won't eat her food if it has been stored in the fridge unless I warm it in the microwave. I though I was the only one.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 PM

I also have a problem like that with one of my 7 felines. Stormy refuses to drink from the water fountain at home. Wants her liquid refreshment in a glass in the sink, and it has to be fresh from the tap. One of my other felines wants me to put ice in the water fountain for him so that it stays cool. they are all spoiled, but I wouldn't have it any other way. there's just something about those felines, and dogs wrapping their paws around my heart.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:05 PM

I resecued a pom I believe she had been abused before I got her She runs amd hides if you get a broom to sweep the floor she is afraid of belts ect so I wanted her to feel safe and secure and guess I overloved her she has to sit beside me touching me all the time even when I am sewing I am told when I leave her home she cries untill I come back home She sleeps with me thinks she should only eat my food she refuses to eat out of her dog dish so I mostly hand feed her She loves to get dressed up and be a oretty girl

I had a boxer a few years earlier that had to have her own makeup on every morning I tought her to eat a sandwich or a hamb out of my hand one small bite at a time just like a lady
Old 10-31-2011, 07:34 PM

I just finished making three very nice dog beds for their crates from some lovely soft suede type fabric I bought at a yard sale. It took about an hour a bed, and I had to stop in the middle and remove thread from the inside of the machine. No....don't even ask, lol. There is a reason you don't use that second pin to hold bobbins, lol.

And of course, they have to have their spot on the couch, under my quilts, on my pillows, and in my bed. They have more blankets than they will ever need. Spoiled? You bet they are.